Versailles Castle

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.timothymillerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When driving to Lexington from Louisville you can cut through Versailles, which is beautiful horse country. Well, right in the middle of all of these beautiful fields, farms and horse barns is this big castle.

I'm not sure if this is true but this is the story I've heard. In 1968, a couple married and went to Europe on their honeymoon. While there the woman developed a love for castles. When they returned, the husband began building her a castle of her own. However, they divorced and construction of the castle was never completed. Today it is a hotel. So, for about $200 per night you can spend the night in a creepy old castle. I'm tempted to just so I can snap some shots of some of the interior!

I've passed this thing a hundred times but today I decided to finally get a few pictures.

$IMG_2316.jpg

The castle looks interesting and from your story I would be very tempted too to go inside for some snapshots.
Thanks for sharing :)

The castle looks interesting and from your story I would be very tempted too to go inside for some snapshots.
Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks. Our daughter is headed to the University of Kentucky this fall so I'm pretty sure we're going to try and stay for a night!

GO - take picutes, maybe you'll catch some ghost
congrats for your daughter!

I love this place. I'm from Lexington and we have family in Versailles. The guy went bankrupt trying to finish that castle is the story my mum tells me. Dunno how factual it is but I wouldn't be surprised. The things men do for us crazy women!

I love this place. I'm from Lexington and we have family in Versailles. The guy went bankrupt trying to finish that castle is the story my mum tells me. Dunno how factual it is but I wouldn't be surprised. The things men do for us crazy women!

Based on your username, I thought you were a guy! You need to post an avatar! :)

Beautiful location

I can honestly say it is the most beautiful castle in Versailles.

ack! I never knew you could stay there. I went to college in Morehead and a few times ventured out in that neck of the woods. I would have loved to spend the night there! I also heard the bankrupt theory.

I forgot about that place. The last I had heard about it was that someone was trying to buy it to turn into a hotel or something and it needed completing. Looks like they did. I'd definitely go stay there if I were you. Make a weekend out of it and go visit Keeneland as well.

Based on your username, I thought you were a guy! You need to post an avatar! :)

It's not MY fault you missed the thread where I posted an old selfie is it?!

Actually, it IS your fault! I don't remember you telling me about this alleged thread! Now I have no recourse other than to scan through all of your posts to see if you're telling the truth! :)

It's not MY fault you missed the thread where I posted an old selfie is it?!

Actually, it IS your fault! I don't remember you telling me about this alleged thread! Now I have no recourse other than to scan through all of your posts to see if you're telling the truth! :)

LOL! While I have been known to lead people on a wild goose chase for my own amusement from time to time... THIS time I'm telling the truth :lmao:

Most reactions

Back