Very blue iris for review

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did not adjust levels much, certainly not enough to make such saturation. I even lowered the saturation a bit as the grass is not as green as before, but the blue on this one just radiates. If I desaturate more it gets ugly.

Is this just a cool flower? a trick on the eye by the green on blue? or is there something else I can do to it?

There was a few growing out of the middle of this very tall grass, I didn't pick and stick it there. ;-)

$DSC_0123-1.jpg

thanks

Details please about how this was created -- A camera JPEG or converted from a Raw capture. Be software specific.

Joe

I have the raw file, didn't use that for this though. Just quickly looking through what I shot for the day and took the jpg from the camera, cropped a tiny bit and adjusted levels slightly and pulled vibrance down to -6, done in ps.

I'll go check the raw file and see how it differs

Here is the raw file "as shot" and raw file using "auto"

so I guess the in camera jpg conversion added that extra saturation and vibrancy. Thanks for asking the questions, made me think to look at the raw file...wasn't even thinking.

$DSC_0123rawasshot.jpg

$DSC_0123asshotauto.jpg

OK -- then the next question becomes how are you processing the Raw file. The intense colors of flowers, especially colors that are on the extreme edges of the color space give camera JPEG engines fits. Basically they go into seizures, flail around on the floor and then output garbage. I created this illustration for an earlier thread where someone was having the same problem. I took this photo. On the left you see the camera processed JPEG and on the right you see my conversion from the Raw capture. The camera software just couldn't do it; it had a seizure. This is precisely what's happening with your iris.

The exposure is excellent and the Raw capture had all the info necessary to produce a good photo. The automated software just couldn't handle it.

Joe

red_flowering_shrub.jpg

Time I start using my raws...I had been using the jpg's from the camera lately. I have it to capture raw and jpg with the intent of getting more into the raw conversions....so it's time I start doing it. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back