Very first photo you've taken

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can you remember it? Do you still have it?

Every photo has a story, what's yours?

Here's mine

My family went to a Air Show in Pittsburgh and my mom had a simple Konica Minolta thingy mcbobber haha. She gave it to me to take some photos of planes and off I went. I believe I was 16 or 17 at the time.

Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200

Thunderbirds!!!

$PICT0080.jpg

Little blurry
$PICT0124.jpg

Formation!
$PICT0245.jpg

Obviously not the best photo, not even decent ones haha. But it started my insanely passionate obsession with photography and was the key moment my life had forever changed.

Your suggestion is very much appreciated, but unfortunately my first photograph(s) have long since disappeared.

Well, the very first photo I ever took would have been around 1968 or so, with my grandfather's Kodak Brownie. Since I was only about 7 at the time, I'm sure it was something truly fascinating, like one of the cats, or the dogs, or a random tree. I think those photos have LONG since disappeared. The first photo I actually REMEMBER "seeing" in my head, composing and consciously "creating" was several years later, at about age 13. I've looked and looked for that photo and not come up with it yet; I'd love to see if it was as good as I remember it being--probably not, so maybe it's best that I never find it! :lol: It was a mushroom with a very lacy top, growing up out of a tree trunk, and somehow, it just had this magical, "fairy tale" vision for me. It was THE photo that got me started actively pursuing photography as an art.

School trip to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis......circa 1976, Kodak 126 camera.............shot out the little windows way up top...........I was 11. And I still have the camera.

I think I took my first photo when I was around 7, so it was back in 1962. I don't remember exactly "what" the photo was, but I do know it had to be a Christmas morning, opening gifts photo, because that was the only time my father and I were allowed to touch my mom's Kodak Brownie Hawkeye....still have the camera too, in its original box with one remaining flash bulb. The first real photo I took was probably around 1972 and it was of an anemone in the garden, taken with my dad's Agfa Isolette [circa 1955]. I still have that camera too, though I think the bellows have finally cracked.

Can you remember it? Do you still have it?

Every photo has a story, what's yours?
Man ! That was 40 years ago ! However I remember what was it. :lol: But no story to it.

Probably a film pic from my parents camera while camping was my first ever. Couldn't tell you if it was actually mine even if I was holding it.

This is my first picture ever out of my D3200 though, which was the start of actually being serious about photography for me:

DSC_0003.jpg

Webestang, I love that you still have the camera! :)

I don't remember my first picture. My father had a Polaroid Land Camera that he used to take pictures of us, and I know I was finally able to use it sometimes, probably when I was 8 or 9. By that time, we'd also gotten a few Kodak 110 cameras, so I'm sure I took a few with that. I was quite fascinated with Christmas trees when I was a kid, so I'm sure I attempted a few shots of them.

One of my earliest COLOR photos, from probably my first roll of 620 color film. Taken when I had JUST turned 11 years old, I would say, based on the S.F. Giants sweatshirt my brother is wearing, and the lack of foliage on the trees. Late winter of 1974 I would say. I payed 10 cents for the camera at a rummage sale. I was in fifth grade. The camera had one shutter speed, and was some kind of 1960's "box camera".
150477531.jpg

[ Brian circa 1974.jpg photo - Derrel photos at pbase.com ]

Thanks.
I used it till X-Mas of 1980 when I got my K1000. I remember my Pop asking if I wanted to sell it in a garage sale and I said "No Way!"......it's the camera that started it all for me in photography and it's been a crazy ride ever since.....LOL

The first set of pictures I remember taking were from a roll of Fuji film that I'd been given by someone from Japan who stayed with my family for a weekend. I remember I took several hum-drum shots of a sunset, and I don't remember what-all else, but there were two that to this day stand out for me.

One was a shot of a cat wandering around the wood pile in back of my grandparent's house. The sun was coming through the leaves of a big black walnut tree, so everything had a nice yellow-and-green look to it. I think it's the color that causes it to stand out in my memory.

The other was a picture of my grandfather holding up a kitten on his back porch. This was an enclosed porch, and the evening light was coming in from a window to grandpa's right.

I think I still have these somewhere. I wonder what shape they're in.

Thanks.
I used it till X-Mas of 1980 when I got my K1000. I remember my Pop asking if I wanted to sell it in a garage sale and I said "No Way!"......it's the camera that started it all for me in photography and it's been a crazy ride ever since.....LOL

I kept the Land Camera my father had. Revived it last year. Here's the second shot I took with it:

Day 130 - Zelda print by limrodrigues, on Flickr

and a crop from the recovered negative:

Day 130 - Zelda negative cropped by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Wow - I was about eight (1966); it was probably the six-year-old girl next door. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back