What's new

Very sharp

Warhorse

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
2,733
Reaction score
897
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have put this knife up for sale using these pics, appreciate any C&C.

DSC_0017_zpsb8736ec7.jpg


DSC_0006_zpsb3ffbedb.jpg
 
First thing I notice is that the blade looks like it has dings in it. Does it? Or is that bad lighting on the blade? The lighting and backdrop need to be adjusted so it accentuates the sellable features of the knife. Get multiple lights to avoid shadows (use a lamp or something) Any engravings? Special unique characteristics? Those need to be accentuated.
Make me want to but this knife when I'm not in the market for a knife. These pics just won't yield top dollar.
 
How much you ask ?
 
Thanks PropilotBW, I see your point about using multiple lights to help avoid shadows.

I am surprised that regular incandescent light bulbs work so well with digital, and electronic flash.

Still working on it, but getting there.
 
New pics, again please C&C.

DSC_0037_zps1f6bbc2a.jpg


DSC_0018_zps6b68f69c.jpg


DSC_0055_zpsa56a95c6.jpg


DSC_0005_zps6d79c314.jpg
 
IMO I would find the biggest window in your home, open the blinds and wait for some good ambient light.

Or just go out in your front yard.

Natural light on product photography is very flattering IMO
 
Along with better lighting, my suggestion would be to use a different background. The weave of the towel the knife is laying on combined with shadow is what is causing the blade to appear dinged. Use a piece of poster board or a plain table top.
 
I agree with above especially #3, look where the back end of the blade meets the towel. Even though it is an illusion it could cast doubt as to how much the knife is worth when tying to sell.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom