Very, very good but cheap Photograph printer?

Amberly001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Our regular printers which print paper mostly, don't work to well when printing photographs to sell.
Does anyone know a good printer dedicated to printing professional photographs that isn't too expensive?
I don't know if it is possible but I'm hoping to find one under 200$ I am paying with my own money and I don't have a lot.
thank you so much!!

I am selling my first two photographs for 10 dollars for the both of them - as a Christmas special all my prices are half off.

Thank you again!!

Printing at home, unless you have a particular need to either produce a certain type/style of image or something that's not readily available isn't generally a profitable way to go. Chances are, there is a professional lab in your area that can do the work for you at a reasonable price. My lab typically has a 2-3 day turnaround and offers both drop and return shipping for a flat-rate.

The closest place that does great printinfs is an hour away and the only one that does decent printings is 4 bucks for one 8x10 photo versus 13 cents a photo for the on an hour away.

I want to print at home because it would just be easier for me and I am interested in doing so. Thanks :)

Truthfully.... if there really were such a thing as a 'very very good cheap' anything, it would be the only one on the market.

The closest place that does great printinfs is an hour away and the only one that does decent printings is 4 bucks for one 8x10 photo versus 13 cents a photo for the on an hour away.

I want to print at home because it would just be easier for me and I am interested in doing so. Thanks :)

Just make an account in this place: Online Photo Books, Prints, Calendar, Digital Photo Printing Services - AdoramaPix. Give them your pictures and a dollar amount and they will mail it to you via postman Pat.

If you really insist on doing it yourself then here is a top 10 photo printers you can check out, they will give you the pros and cons of the printers.

Thank you, hamlet, I will take a look!

And at derrel - costco was the one that was an hour away. :)

Very, very good, but cheap - is an oxymoron.

Mpix.com charges $2.09 for an 8x10 print on matte finish paper.
You upload photos, they print them and then ship them to you, or directly to your customer.
Photo Printing, Photo Cards, Holiday Cards, Announcements, Photo Books : Mpix

There are others, like Nations Lab, Bay Photo, WHCC. WHCC has a lab in Fresno,CA.
Inexpensive consumer grade, all-in-one inkjet printers that only use 3 or 4 color cartridges are designed to print a wide variety of things and use inks that may not be the best for printing high quality photographs.

To make professional quality prints of photographs yourself generally requires a prosumer grade, dedicated photo printer that has a 13 or 17 inch carriage and that has 9 or more pigment based ink cartridges..
The Epson Stylus Pro R3000 has a 13 inch carriage and the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 has a 17 inch carriage.

Epson Stylus Photo R3000 Review & Rating | PCMag.com
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Yep. You will be paying less now, but paying more later in the form of ink cost.
Ink cost of the Pixma Pro-100 is 33% higher (x8 colors) than the ink cost for the Pro-1. The purchase price of the Pro-1 is 2x more than the Pro-100.

Plus, the Pixma Pro-100 uses dye-based inks rather than pigment based inks. Generally, pigment ink prints last longer and are more durable than prints made with dye inks.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417036,00.asp

The prints from the Canon Pixma fade pretty fast. I have a 5x7 that is color fading of my nephew my sister sent me. She has since thrown the Pixma away and bought an Epson.

Canon Pixma Pro-10, $699.00 retail, less a $200.00 instant rebate, less a $200.00 mail in rebate, plus free shipping and 50 sheets of canon Plus semi-gloss comes out to $250.00 out of pocket (at B&H Photo). The ink cost, $135.00 for a ten cartridge set. Red River Paper did a cost per print analysis, the Pixma Pro-10 uses $3.47 worth of ink to print a 13 x 19" print, while it may cost more per print than sending photo's out to a lab, what is gained is total control over how the final print looks. I've done my own printing since Beseler, Ziess and Kodak graded paper where the standard, I wanted the same control when switching to digital. The quality of the prints (to my eye), is close to if not the same as prints from a lab, and there's the option of changing settings when the print doesn't match what we expect.

Last edited:
The prints from the Canon Pixma fade pretty fast. I have a 5x7 that is color fading of my nephew my sister sent me. She has since thrown the Pixma away and bought an Epson.
It's not the printer, it's the type of inks the printer uses.

It's not the printer, it's the type of inks the printer uses.

Doesn't matter now. It's in a landfill in Florida

Most reactions

New Topics

Back