VHS to DVD

Ihasacamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I've been looking for something to convert my Dad's VHS home movies to DVDS but most things I have found seem kinda sketchy.

Does anyone have any experience with this process? and if so, what would you recommended in the way of equipment?

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I've seen a few highstreet shops offering the service. For things like films and stuff that is now on DVD its not really worth it, but for things like your dads films I would try the highstreet option and see what the prices are like. YOu might finds its far cheaper to have them do the work rather than getting the maching yourself - which I assume, after the initial copy over the videos won't be used again.

I have a converter I'm trying to sell, converts from VCR to digital format - just needs a Firewire port to plug into. I used it with iMovie a couple years ago but don't need it anymore.

I use a DVD recorder (combo VHS/DVD Recorder) and/or Pinncale Studio Plus. You can do your home movies, not too many old VHS movies since they are protected.

If you are patient, watch your local Craigslist, you should be able to find a used VHS/DVD combo recorder for $25.00 - $30.00, and I have seen them offered for as little as free.

That's what I did when I found out how much the various audio and video service
businesses charge to do it for you.

For me, Craigslist is an awesome place to buy all kinds of things.

...even camera equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back