video question?

This is totally wrong. FPS isn't really about quality and more about standards.

Incorrect. The standards are based on how many moving pictures in a second that will cause fluid motion, therefore dramatically effecting the image as a whole.

Incorrect. 24 FPS is not completely fluid motion but it's still in use today. If it was based on FPS to creat fluid motion, everything would be higher than 24 fps.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about so I think it'd be best if you refrained from correcting others and making a fool of yourself.
The 24 fps standard was chosen because it was the lowest framerate still perceivable as smooth motion. If smooth motion was not a concern all movies would still be 12fps or 6fps.

EDIT:
To clarify, 18fps was actually the lowest framerate with perceivably smooth motion, but 24fps is the lowest that allows sync sound.

Last edited:
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about so I think it'd be best if you refrained from correcting others and making a fool of yourself.
The 24 fps standard was chosen because it was the lowest framerate still perceivable as smooth motion. If smooth motion was not a concern all movies would still be 12fps or 6fps.

EDIT:
To clarify, 18fps was actually the lowest framerate with perceivably smooth motion, but 24fps is the lowest that allows sync sound.
basic movies that don't have too much action will be in 24 fps... but say bmx or skateboarding videos use as high as 60 fps... haha i know bout this =P i was just wondering why my camera has high quality pictures but lower quality videos...

It really has more to do with TV standards (beside The HUGE File size Transmission problems)
The Analog TV standard resolution was 640 x 480 (525i scanned 480 displayed)

Even the best HDTV standard is 1920 x 1080.
So really they are staying with in that.

File size are a big problem. They couldn't do Hi Def on DVD till Blu ray came along because the file size were so huge. ( Old DVD's were low def)

If you had a video that was at The Full resolution of your sensor, You would need a huge HD strapped to your head to hold 30 Minutes of footage

That said HD video looks great on your TV at that resolution right? so don't worry and fight was is

Most reactions

Back