Video Reviewers Needed!

Devinz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to everyone here at TPF!

First off let me introduce myself I'm Devin and I own a website that writes review for all electronic/tech products.

I myself am no photography expert so I come to you guys hoping to gain a little bit of your expertise for my website!

To the point I am in need of video reviews for cameras. I am going to pay $3.00 per review and will accept reviews on almost any camera made within the past two years.

That means with an hour of your time you could make over $60.00

The main review I'm looking for is a Pentax K5 but as I said I will accept ALMOST any camera made within the past three years I will also except a lens review if I see it's fit!

My only requirement is that you own the piece of equipment, have it in frame with you and the video is at least two minutes long.

PM me with items you're interested in reviewing and I will get back to you ASAP I will be on here for the next few days please somebody with a Pentax K5 come out of hiding!

So... You pay $3.00 per review, and the reviews have to be roughly 2 minutes? That's $1.50 a minute... Plus editing time.

How does that equate to $60 dollars an hour exactly? I'm not seeing the math work here.

Does the format of the video matter? or factors like file size?

I'll edit the videos you just record them. If you do twenty thats a minimum of forty minutes. That's $60 not exactly sure where you fell off

I'll edit the videos you just record them. If you do twenty thats a minimum of forty minutes. That's $60 not exactly sure where you fell off

Do you have a contract for usage rights to the videos? What website will they be put up on?

I've sent you a PM

OK, so I make a 2-minute video. You pay me $3.00. Now, how do I make $60 for an hours' worth of my time? By making 30 two-minute videos?

Then spend another hour or two downloading them, sorting them, editing them, uploading them, etc. etc. etc.

Will you pay me $6 for a 4-minute video, or am I just wasting my time going over the 2-minute mark?

Oh, and "have it in frame with you" means I need another video-capable camera as well?

And in order to make $60, I need 31 video cameras?

OK, so I make a 2-minute video. You pay me $3.00. Now, how do I make $60 for an hours' worth of my time? By making 30 two-minute videos?

Then spend another hour or two downloading them, sorting them, editing them, uploading them, etc. etc. etc.

Will you pay me $6 for a 4-minute video, or am I just wasting my time going over the 2-minute mark?

Oh, and "have it in frame with you" means I need another video-capable camera as well?

And in order to make $60, I need 31 video cameras?

I was only stating that it's possible. I don't understand all the hostility >_>

Just pointing out the flawed math.

It's kinda like telling your neighbor kid, "I'll pay you $20 to mow my lawn. It only takes an half an hour, so you'll be making $40 per hour". Of course, the poor lad doesn't think of the time he needs buying gas & putting it in his mower, change the oil once in a while, installing a new spark plug every year, sharpening the blade every 2-3 weeks.......

Just pointing out the flawed math.

It's kinda like telling your neighbor kid, "I'll pay you $20 to mow my lawn. It only takes an half an hour, so you'll be making $40 per hour". Of course, the poor lad doesn't think of the time he needs buying gas & putting it in his mower, change the oil once in a while,installing a new spark plug every year, the time spent sharpening the blade.......

You could always upload the videos while you're out!

If it's possible to invest exactly one hour (not one hour and 1 minute, not one hour and 2 minutes..... one hour) on this and make $60, let me know how it's done.

TimGilbertson said:
Wow, lay off the guy. If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

It's what we do.

Anyway, what website? If this is even legit what is your awesome technology review website?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back