Vietnamese Áo Dài Photoshoot with a friend

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
It has been a while since I posted any pictures. I shot these in RAW and try my hand on my own processing. Due to limited resources, these were done on a laptop and I'm pretty new to photoshop so any hint would be great. Let me know what you guys think of them!!!

DSC_2374_edited-4.jpg

DSC_2425_edited-1Picassaglow.jpg

DSC_2384_edited-1-Copy.jpg

DSC_2391_edited-1.jpg

#4 is the best IMO, it's just too pink. But they could all use a little color correction.

#3 the water appears a little too green. It's overpowering. A polarizing filter would have eliminated the distracting glare as well.

I don't mean for this to sound like a stereotype, but her skin appears yellow in #2 so you may want to adjust that.

thank u posting good portraits....ur photos slightly suffer from the skin tone colour....second is too yellow-greenish....in third slightly also same thing and compositionwise, the photo needed more space to her right and less her left and offcentre....the last one is excellent in expression and though some pinkish, the skin tone will work well.
go the RGB in photoshop and work with slider, and which colout u want to reduce or add work on that and u will get correct tones.

hey guys, thanks for the comments. Regarding the color, I usually play with saturation, hue and contrast and thing like that, pretty beginner color correction work I guess. I guess my monitor is quite off, the one that came out of camera as jpeg were really pink ( I shot in RAW/jpeg mode) so I try not to do that in post processing.
Oh, and Vietnamese people refer to their skin color as the "gold". In English, you can say yellow or gold to describe that color, in Vietnamese, the only way to describe that color is the same word that describe the metal gold. I understand the word Asian and yellow in America is taboo but I know what you mean :)

Shot #2 would have been the best if she had a bit of smile on. Number #4 is nice but her face is over shadowed. Thanks for posting.

Most reactions

Back