Viper GTS-R at Mid Ohio

PrestonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The new SRT Viper GTS-R had its debut race at Mid Ohio this weekend. I'm one of the engineers on the program so I don't get much time for photos but I liked this one I capture. Open to critique. The image is HDR but I tried to not overdue things while at the same time keep the image bold as the subject is fairly bold.

7729266266_ef0f7fb880_h.jpg

DSC_5948_49_50_hdr.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Those open doors create a black hole into which all other teams' cars will be sucked! MOPAR Power! I LIKE the not-over-done-can-hardly-tell-it's-HDR-HDR look ya' came up with. That car is one sexy beast! You did an exzcellent job rendering the shadow under the car, and the jacks. Looks just totally sick! I would LOVE to hear that baby as she revv's up and goes thru the gears under heavy throttle.

Those open doors create a black hole into which all other teams' cars will be sucked! MOPAR Power! I LIKE the not-over-done-can-hardly-tell-it's-HDR-HDR look ya' came up with. That car is one sexy beast! You did an exzcellent job rendering the shadow under the car, and the jacks. Looks just totally sick! I would LOVE to hear that baby as she revv's up and goes thru the gears under heavy throttle.

Thanks for the kind words. Here is a video during testing where you can hear some wide open throttle and gear changes.
The 2013 Viper GTS-R takes on the roads of Virginia International Raceway for testing. - YouTube

^^^^^^^^YES!^^^^^^^^^^^

Some hilarious comments on that YouTube page, as well as a few from serious motorheads. Thanks for the link!

full suspension sag = less gap then most street cars LOL.

nice looking jackstands too, i would like those

full suspension sag = less gap then most street cars LOL.

nice looking jackstands too, i would like those

Haha, yeah not much sag here. Those 'jack stands' are extensions on the air jack system. You put it up on the air jacks, then insert the stands you see. Then retract the air jacks and extend the air jacks and it goes up to that height. Air jacks are nice!

Really good shot. im just as interested in seeing a better shot of the stands, I have never seen the aditional add ons you were talking about before lol.

That viper looks awesome. If only I could afford one.

I don't even want to think about how much it cost to develop and build the car we are looking at.

Maybe 10x the cost of a production Viper GTS?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back