Virgin River, Arizona

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
I love it. Very moody, and well-captured.

Makes me feel a bit dizzy though. I think the curved horizon and whirling water make my brain feel like the photo is warped, even if it isn't.

Still, I love it. Good job.

That is an awesome shot! what filters/processing did you use?

It does have a nice surreal effect to it. Is that in souther Az? I dont recognize the name.

This is by far one of my favorites of yours abraxas... I would nominate it but I'm out of nominations... why couldn't you have posted this sooner?

Thank you everyone! I've driven by this place 4-5 times and never even noticed the road down into the canyon. I had the whole place to myself. If it were 100 miles closer I'd have a new favorite spot. :)

Awesome abraxas.

Love the way it goes from dark and a bit gloomy to light and hopeful. The way the green vegitation runs along creekside converging to a point that directs my eyes straight up to the wonderful colors of the hill. Timing for the water movement is spot on. Not sure of the bush on the right, but it's not bad.

Awesome abraxas.

Love the way it goes from dark and a bit gloomy to light and hopeful. The way the green vegitation runs along creekside converging to a point that directs my eyes straight up to the wonderful colors of the hill. Timing for the water movement is spot on. Not sure of the bush on the right, but it's not bad.

Thanks Kundalini. I was very lucky to get a nice shot in such a short amount of time. As I mentioned above, I just sort of stumbled onto it.

I've been through what my son called the "oxymoronic Virgin Gorge" before but never thought to look for a way to do some exploring. There's a Paiute creation tale about the river having to do with Rabbit kicking a boulder into it to make the river behave. No such luck finding a giant boulder rerouting the river. I guess that's as good an excuse as any to go back though.

The plant (mesquite I believe) was awkward, but native to the area at least, and I had a long drive home ahead of me.

This is incredible- your skill level is superb! I love how you got low and how every aspect has full detail and a range of values. Very, very nice.

This is incredible- your skill level is superb! I love how you got low and how every aspect has full detail and a range of values. Very, very nice.

Thanks Kelly. I give it my best "shot." :)

Very Very Very nice Abraxas

Most reactions

Back