Virgin River Take 2

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After posting up some pictures of the Virgin River last week, I took some of the critique and went back today. I still just can't seem to get the water to look right. I may just need to wait till the water level drops a bit and the river settles down. The light was a LOT better today though. Having the direct sunlight bouncing off the cliffs behind me added even more of a reddish glow. Anyways, here's my attempt from today!

IMG_2606.jpg

f/22, ISO 100, @ 1 second.

And here's one more I got on my way out of the canyon. Looking downriver toward the Watchman Peak:

IMG_2665.jpg

f/22, ISO 100, @ .8 second, with grad ND filter

I remember your last shots and the water looks way better this time. Second shot looks fantastic as well.

Nice shots... I like #2 the best. The cool water and warm rocks make for a nice contrast. I would like to see the trees a little more in focus. It kinda looks like you over saturated the greens (?) in the trees... Is that something you did in pp? Good job though.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Neither one of them really has too much PP work done to them. The first one obviously has a little more than the second, but mainly just playing with contrast. Here's the original of the second one:
IMG_2665a.jpg

The reason the trees look slightly out of focus is because there was a gentle breeze most of the afternoon, including when the picture was taken. But I'm sure there will be plenty of calm days to try again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back