vista coloration problems

Dax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to look at my photos in the windows vista preview program and also Lightroom/Photoshop. When I look at the photos in those programs they have a yellowish tint to them, I just can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Is your monitor calibrated?

Just wanted to let you know I figured it out. And for further reference, vista has issues with specific monitor profiles from manufacturers. I changed my monitor profile by going to personalize>display settings>advanced settings>color management>color management button>add>ICC profiles>sRGB IEC61966-2.1, hit ok on all the windows and then restarted for change to take effect. Maybe SP1 will fix this issue...

I wouldn't blame Vista.
Think of how many monitors their are.
Default color profiles are never correct...
If you do not calibrate your monitor, then you should not expect perfect color reproduction.

I have a Mac. :)

It had nothing to do with color reproduction, it only had a yellow hue over images in some programs, which was just plain weird. And it is a vista problem, a friend of mine who is a programmer for IBM told me so and frankly I believe him, he is the one who helped me fix the problem. And it is not just the default drivers, it is the manufacturers drivers period. You can't use any monitor calibration programs because vista does not recognize that monitor.

It had nothing to do with color reproduction, it only had a yellow hue over images in some programs, which was just plain weird. And it is a vista problem, a friend of mine who is a programmer for IBM told me so and frankly I believe him, he is the one who helped me fix the problem. And it is not just the default drivers, it is the manufacturers drivers period. You can't use any monitor calibration programs because vista does not recognize that monitor.

So go whine to Microsoft that 1 out of 10,000 makes of monitors doesn't work.

Quite frankly, you missed my point...and it IS a color reproduction problem. If the colours are not reproduced correctly...then...well, you get the point.

Sure the drivers might have been off...but you can't expect perfect drivers for every monitor.

sorry if I sound like an ass (I probably do)...but I am tired of people flaming Vista...even if it's not my favourite OS right now...it's not tht bad.

So go whine to Microsoft that 1 out of 10,000 makes of monitors doesn't work.

Quite frankly, you missed my point...and it IS a color reproduction problem. If the colours are not reproduced correctly...then...well, you get the point.

Sure the drivers might have been off...but you can't expect perfect drivers for every monitor.

sorry if I sound like an ass (I probably do)...but I am tired of people flaming Vista...even if it's not my favourite OS right now...it's not tht bad.

a lot of friends have been having hardware problems too on their laptops with Vista... they all blame vista but they don't realize that the only ones in the architecture studio who are having problems with their processors and Vista are the ones using Hewlett-Packard's laptops... umm!! plain coincidence...

I like other features of Vista and I wasn't trying to flame, it just gets frustrating. Now that I look at it again I really was not flaming, nothing was negative I was just pointing out an issue and saying how to fix it. No harm done =).

OSX !!!!!!!!!!!

All of your problems will disappear

I have OSX on my laptop, the photoshop upgrade was just cheaper for me because I already had it for PC, which is why I use PC for my photo editing.

i am reinstalling my desktop pc at the moment.

decided for XP again, no vista. never had problems there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back