Vista, Vista, Vista...

LeeLee.. you created a cyber war.. good job :)

If you really want a PC, build it yourself. It really isn't that hard, you make it how you want it, you install what you want, and it's cheaper than buying a pre-built.

If you're not willing to build something yourself, than get a mac.

The price point, that isn't true anymore. It's damn near even. Trust me, I've been doing it for 15 years, the price difference is so little it doesn't even matter anymore.

Hell, you don't even 'build' a computer anymore, you "Slide Tab A into Slot B" - there couldn't be anymore hand holding.

I bought a new Dell with Windows Vista in April 07. I like it very much so far, although there have been a few glitches and plenty of updates.

The price point, that isn't true anymore. It's damn near even. Trust me, I've been doing it for 15 years, the price difference is so little it doesn't even matter anymore.

Hell, you don't even 'build' a computer anymore, you "Slide Tab A into Slot B" - there couldn't be anymore hand holding.

Totally agree. The prices are very similar. Yeh, there are "PCs" that are less expensive than Macs, but they are really not that powerful.

ok i'll add my two cents....
my friend built my desk top cheaper than buying it + I got all the stuff I wanted...
now for my new laptop all I could find was vista OS I was very nervous about vista... but so far no problems loaded photoshop elements 5 .0.2 for vista everthing works fine for me. also had no problems pluging in my nikon D80 did not have to load the sofware or anthing....
it all comes done to what you want a& what u can afford. and how much time you want to spend learning the new OS. at frist vista sucked because it was defferant than XP but after a few dayz playing with it is not bad.

as much as we may dislike it vista is the wave of the future the only question is to get it now or later...(unless you go with a mac or lunix)

play around with vista if you can and get the hang of it. to see if you like it. also there are very few places the you can demo a mac. (at lest in my area there were none.) had there been I might have gotten one.

also keep in mind the laptops last somewere between 2-4 years and are not fixable most of the time. were desktops you have much more room to fix and upgrade hardware.

good luck I know were your at I was there two weeks ago:)

true, where are those old days, where you would actually use screws and drill holes to assemble a computer, and then you would install linux and compile the kernel several times to get that damn hardware working (could take a week or forever ;) ).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back