What's new

Vivtar to Nikon adapter issue

cyborgue

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I just got the Vivitar to Nikon ring adapter and my focus is off. As in I can only see whatever is three to five inches in front of me. Is there a way I can fix this? Thank you! I have a Nikon 3000 fyi.
 
Not all mounts are adaptable to provide infinity focus. I'm not familiar with the Vivitar mount, but Nikon has quite a long flange distance to begin, so very few other mounts adapt well to it. Adapters are available with optics to compensate for incompatible flange distances, but unfortunately, the market has yet to produce any of these with a reputation for quality.

At the very least, you should be able to get some pretty crazy macro shots with the adapter you've got!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom