Voigtlander Bessa I

Dee7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Voigtlander Bessa I with Vaskar 1:4.5 / 105 lens which appears to be in excellent condition. I am not familiar with cameras or anything related to photography. Can someone give me a good value for this camera?
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG

They SELL.....repeat SELL for around $40-150 on E-Bay. That said yours, from what I can see would fall into the $25-75 range to the right buyer. As always, it's worth only what somebody is willing to pay.
I bought mine (6x6 model) for $35 and it came with a light meter and case.

I went to e-BAY to check prices. $100-$125, is what I think you could get. I would ask $325, and take $100. YMMV.

It is NOT a super-valuable camera.. it may look great (it looks fine to me BTW), but un-seen "issues" could make it a poor shooter. Pinhole bellows leak(s), internal lens fogging, shutter problems, etc., these types of problems, cannot be determined by your photos.

Nice find!

If you want to convert this to cash, I'd suggest you find a local processor for film and run a 24 exposure roll through the camera. The pictures will tell you about light leaks, which are fairly common. "if you don't have a light meter, use the "Sunny 16 rule" to set aperture and shutter speeds. You can Google this for an explanation on how to use it. Examine the pictures and look for streaks, haze, etc.

There is also a free iPhone app (Shutter Speed) you can get that will measure shutter speeds, based on sound. This isn't terribly accurate but it gives you a good idea of the shutter speeds are close. Typically slower shutter speeds have more problems than faster ones.

Based on this information, you can list it with more detail which will probably bring a better price. However, even if it isn't working you can always list it for "parts only" and get something out of it.

After all this, if the camera is in good condition, you may find it's fun to keep for yourself and use it.

Thanks. Even though I know nothing about camera, I had thought of keeping this one. But I may try shutter speed testing and go ahead and try to sell it. Thanks for comments.

Most reactions

Back