Volume-capping software for iPod

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
'Apple offers volume-capping software for iPods' - clicky

ohh phew thank god you posted this. I saw the update option appear in my iTunes and wondered if volume capping had to do with capping the size (ie: volume) of files... like some weird anti dvd pirating thing. but it's all good. Still don't want to install it thought - coz I like pumping it loudly into my amplifier..... sounds better.

I'm so glad they didn't make this an automatic update, or include it with iTunes...No, you don't needd the volume all the way up (or even close for that matter) on today's rock/pop music, but you try listening to Barber's Adagio for Strings on an airplane, and see how loud you need it!

clarinetJWD said:
I'm so glad they didn't make this an automatic update, or include it with iTunes...No, you don't needd the volume all the way up (or even close for that matter) on today's rock/pop music, but you try listening to Barber's Adagio for Strings on an airplane, and see how loud you need it!

Exactly. I don't listen to Barber, but I listen to some low quality mp3's.

The problem seems to come from people turning up the volume to drown out outside noise while using crappy earbuds (including Apple's). The best way around this is to get a decent isolation set, like those from Shure. You won't hear people talking to you, but if drowing out noise is the point, they are the best way to go.

markc said:
The problem seems to come from people turning up the volume to drown out outside noise while using crappy earbuds (including Apple's). The best way around this is to get a decent isolation set, like those from Sure. You won't hear people talking to you, but if drowing out noise is the point, they are the best way to go.
My friend has the Shure earbuds, and they are fantastic. I agree completely. I have Sennheiser's PX200s for portable headphones, and though they arem't earbuds, I love 'em!

Most reactions

Back