Voting suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And no I don't mean implement the user rep system, but something akin to it - though a little more complex to setup I feel it would be worth trying at least.

The idea is that when a person makes a post there is the option to vote that post (and thus that person) with a single vote. This vote does not get enabled automatically - its flagged to the mods who then review the post and thread and - if the post is deemed truly useful/good then the award is given - where I have seen this before the post is also marked with a green highlight as well.
The removes the spamming option - as each vote requires moderating - and further means that only those in the community who constantly give good advice will end up with a high rep count - something that new members look to and more accurate than either post counts or start date.

Of course two problems instantly come to mind - the first being setting the standard for a post to be deemed worthy, I won't try to second guess this if the idea is taken up then those who are to make the final decision should decide amongst themselves as to the overall quality of post needed.
The second is that of time and the mods - this could take time for them to get through and place an added burden upon them - the only idea I have had with dealing with this problem would be a subdivision of the mods - lesser mods who are not mods, but critic assesses as it were - with the job of vetting the daily flagged posts.

Anyone think this idea has any worth to it - ?

You mention the time burden it would put on mods, but I don't think you truly realize exactly how time consuming it would be.

Logistically, I honestly can't see how this could work. Not to mention the 'standards' thing.

No offense, but I think you made your own argument against your idea pretty well. ;) I really don't think this one will fly, though I only count for one mod opinion. ;)

I will second Corry's statement.

Aside from the enormous amount of time spent moderating such posts, frankly I just don't see what is to be gained from this. I know we have a large number of current users who weren't around when the rep system was in place, but please respect our final determination, previously stated, that for a number of reasons, it was not successful in the long run.

TPF now supports social groups and adding friends, so these are the appropriate formats to use if you wish to have certain members stand out.

I'm going to close this thread now, since there is nothing to be gained with ongoing comments for this particular suggestion. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back