What's new

VR making high pitched noise?

Mooseontheloose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Location
505
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up a refurbished nikon 55-200 and right away i noticed that when the VR was turned on, it made a sort of high pitched motor sound. its not very loud but in a silent room i can hear it. it lasts for a second or two and then its quiet. Is this common or should I use my warranty and send it back?
 
Pretty sure that's common. And when the sound goes away after a few seconds that's because the VR is turning off because you aren't taking a shot and it will come back on once you half hold the shutter again. GL
TJ
 
Alright thanks a lot. It's not obnoxious or anything, I just wasn't sure if it was a problem or not.
 
I can vouch for the IS on my 55-250 making noise. almost like a mix between a grind a scrape and every now and then like two pieces hitting tapping together.
seems a lot of people get it though
if I turn the IQFM off it seems to stop making all noise. I can almost even feel it faintly in the lens itself though as far as teh movement there.
 
I wish I could still hear that good. To many years spent around unmuffled racing engines.

Think about how IS, VR, OS work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom