VR vs NON VR??

aleksey123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello and happy holidays!!!!!! quick question, Are there any differences, besides VR feature, on nikkor VR 55-200mm f/4-5.6g if-ed, and non VR????? is the VR version is better? maybe glass or somethin its looks bigger..anyone? i can get non VR for 150$ new and VR is 250 am thinking is it worth it extra 100$.

It helps.

No, you don't need it - but you don't 'need' anything. It's handy and worth the money.

I believe Nikon has been making glass for 50+ yrs. Only w/in last 5-6 have they been making VR (not entirely sure on exact numbers but I hope you got the idea).
Is VR useful - depends on who you ask. Personally, on VS lens, I turned the feature of - I don't like inner lens movement when I recompose the shot. On my non VR lens, I don't have VR :) and it is my favorite lens.
Shooting at something like 1/30sec or slower, VRE is helpful but again it depends on what you're shooting, how important that feature to you and of course your budget.

for the 55-200 id say it's worth it. buddy got his brand new from adorama a few weeks ago for $150.

Most reactions

Back