What's new

VW MK6 GTI - C&C please

nola.ron

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
255
Reaction score
50
Location
New Orleans
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very much still learning this method for lighting cars. This is my 2nd or 3rd attempt at it but it was my 1st attempt in a proper location for it (as far as ambient light is concerned). The RAW files are super sharp but I've lost some sharpness in the final image after I process them in PS. Still trying to figure out why. Any tips/critique?


Learning to Light Paint by nola-ron, on Flickr
 
Well done; I wouldn't mind seeing just a little bit of light along the rocker panels, but overall, good job! What did you use for a light?
 
Well done; I wouldn't mind seeing just a little bit of light along the rocker panels, but overall, good job! What did you use for a light?

Thanks! Good catch on that. That would definitely help. When shooting I didn't make a pass low because I didn't want the wheels exposed more than they are. I forgot to consider the rocker panels!

Here's the light: Bescor LED-70 Dimmable 70W Video and DSLR Light LED70
It's been great so far. It's adjustable, bright and gets the job done. I was looking for another that I've seen other car photographers with but I couldn't find it online. No regrets on this one though. It also came with a frosted and amber filters. The frosted filter was used for all of these exposures.
 
As always, I agree with John.

Really nice shot.

Makes me miss my MkIV R32 though... *sniff*
 
BTW, more specifically... I really like what you did with the color. The lighting is very dramatic (but yes, needs more rocker panel). Also, really like the very simple backdrop and the "posing".

I mean really, this is very nice.
 
BTW, more specifically... I really like what you did with the color. The lighting is very dramatic (but yes, needs more rocker panel). Also, really like the very simple backdrop and the "posing".

I mean really, this is very nice.

Wow, thanks!! You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find a simple location at night like this in the city. All previous attempts had too much ambient light and I could never get the car in total darkness. I was also specifically looking for a brick wall like this and it just happen to be white too. Looking at that I could have done a little more post to clean it up. Missed that too in this edit.
 
New Orleans reppin!

well done man, dig the lighting and overall tone of the image.
 
Tirediron hit on the light, other then that a really good shot.
 
Thanks so much, everyone! Going back at this tonight to see if I can continue improving this technique. For those of you that have not tried this technique - it really is a LOT of fun.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom