w00t - NSFW

Wow, abraxas, you're certainly my favorite "member".

WHY do you ask?

Well it's simple... I know you've been pounding the rock for years, looking for that money shot, and now all your hard work has come to a head with this photo.

Thanks all- I was a bit nervous about pulling a boner and overexposing.

Must be busy with something... :sexywink:

Now let's see how your mind works...

Cum-pletely dirty!!! :lol:

Wow, abraxas, you're certainly my favorite "member".

WHY do you ask?

Well it's simple... I know you've been pounding the rock for years, looking for that money shot, and now all your hard work has come to a head with this photo.
You had me rolling in the sack with this comment..:lol:

What abraxas didn't tell us, is that the rock hard image in the photo was actually a gyser and it erupted as soon as he left.
Talk about using all the right strokes!

What abraxas didn't tell us, is that the rock hard image in the photo was actually a gyser and it erupted as soon as he left.
Talk about using all the right strokes!

1. Never look it directly in the eye.

2. Back away slowly.

3. Keep your soap on a rope.

I have to admit, while I was out there with no one around I decided to have some fun and play with the formation a bit.

Here's a bit different pose.
680-chf-06-09.jpg

I tried to lighten it up a bit and keep the edges from becoming oversharpened without the focus going too soft.

The shaft does seem to be a bit red, which would imply that it may be a bit rusty.

BTW, the glowing effect in this shot was created by an HDR treatment. Does it seem to be properly saturated?

For the most part, quite true;

I was afraid I'd finish up before the golden hour was over, and tried to think of things to distract me. My thoughts were intially of the nature of the universe, but concentrating on swirling galaxies, black holes, and the natural vacuum of space just made things worse.

Geology bores the daylights out of me, but I trembled with the thought that a nearby volcanic cinder cone had not errupted for millions and millions of years. What a mess it would make if it started to spew lava all over the place right now.

Good grief, it was hot out there.

My heart started racing. I shuddered and withdrew, but it was too late.

402-hf-93-95.jpg

Although I had completed my work before the climax of the day, I felt satisfied with the overall result.

My apology for the difference in the apparent size of obelisk in the second and third photos. When things got dicey I switched to my back up lense which has less distortion and tends to make objects appear somewhat smaller. I'm hoping size doesn't matter.

PS- & please pardon the sensor spots near the base. They're just a cosmetic blemish rather than a technical difficulty.

Last edited:
Haven't you heard the song girls lie too..

Size doesn't matter.. It's what you do with it that matters...

Well I guess all that can be said about these photos, is that "he is the master of his domain!"

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back