Wacom Bamboo

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this in a thrift store. 25% off. Little over 20 bucks after tax. Doesn't even look to be used. I know it's older and small, but still working on editing and processing. Figured the price was right and might come in handy. bamboo.jpg

Thanks, I thought so. Heck, a replacement pen will cost me this much. My biggest concern was if it's compatible with Windows 10. It is.

The price has come down dramatically on them in the past year, but still not a bad price.

Nice find, I have the ver 1 I don’t know if win 10 will support but sometimes you can set the pad to touch mode
What is up with the pen

Let me know how you like it, Ray. I have one that's sat in it's box unused for probably 14 years:apthy:

So you have "stone" tablet? How long does the hammer and chisel last on those things. :allteeth:

My gosh, I don't know how anyone can use PhotoShop without a tablet these days, I'd refuse to retouch without one. LOL

Nice find, I have the ver 1 I don’t know if win 10 will support but sometimes you can set the pad to touch mode
What is up with the pen

This one is supported by Windows 10. I checked. Not sure what you meant by the pen.

Let me know how you like it, Ray. I have one that's sat in it's box unused for probably 14 years:apthy:
14 years? Geez! I have not tried it out yet, nor do I know if I'll even like it. For this price, I'm willing to try. My son says he'll gladly take it off my hands if not.

14 years? Geez!

Yes, lol. My wife had a friend that lived across the street years ago who gave it to her new. Her husband had given it to her, but she never used it. When I tried installing the software from the cd that came with it, my antivirus said it had malware or some other unwanted language written into it ( I believe they were made in China at that time ), and I never really tried it again.

I've been using a Wacom Bamboo for at least 6 years. Suits me just fine. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the higher priced ones.
A piece of advice I wish I'd heard years ago is to tape a piece of paper over the Bamboo's surface.
#1 it makes drawing with the pen more like drawing on paper.
#2 it protects the surface of the tablet.
After 6 years of use, the pen nibs have scratched the surface quite a bit.

I took a sheet of paper from our printer/copier and cut it to fit the dimensions of the Bamboo screen. This works very well. I can't see that there is any diminution of the pen's sensitivity. The paper's texture makes it much more like drawing and gives me even better control.

I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

I have one of those, not used it but now I have PS was going to set it up.

Good to know that it's compatible.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Wacom make several different nibs depending on the feel and effect you desire. The grey nibs have a similar feel to using a pencil on paper if you want a bit more drag to the pen. Typically I use the black nibs although I am currently running my older white nibs from a previous order a few years ago. They do wear down and get a bit of a flat spot on them, I just take a small file and sharpen them up again until they get too short to remove, then they get tossed.

Most reactions

Back