Wacom Tablet

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a wacom tablet because a lot of people said its faster to use than a mouse for editing. I do a lot of editing in photoshop so i thought this would be good to speed up my workflow. Well i just unboxed it and have been playing around with it for an hour... but im not really liking it. The pen is hard to use, but using it with my hand is a lot easier. I'm just wondering if you all have one, and what do you generally use it for? Do you use the pen too? I have the Wacom Bamboo.

It takes more then an hour to get used to it.

Do you remember the first time you used a mouse (of course if you're young you probably don't)? I doubt you were any more comfortable with that within an hour.

Of course the best sort of tablet for editing is one of these, but they're expensive:

wacom_cintiq-771814.jpg

It takes more then an hour to get used to it.

Do you remember the first time you used a mouse (of course if you're young you probably don't)? I doubt you were any more comfortable with that within an hour.

Of course the best sort of tablet for editing is one of these, but they're expensive:

wacom_cintiq-771814.jpg

Yeah I guess it takes some time :blushing:
I thought it would be like WOW right out of the box. Anyways do you use a wacom tablet? That picture... is that a wacom?

I think the picture is of a Cintiq. Yes it is a wacom and they're like $1000 each. Screen + tablet combined in one :D

Anyone else use a wacom? Just curious... how do you like it?

I have a wacom bamboo and tbh I don't like it... It's just too small. as for speed and precision I use a gaming mouse (Logitech MX-518) it's fast, comfortable and cheap. :D

I have a Bamboo, which is what I started with, and an Intuos4 (med). Like you, when I first started using it, it was very difficult to get my head around. Now though, I wouldn't be without it. Certain things like doing an irregular shaped selection, or dodging/burning, I just can't imagine doing in any other way now. Even things that seem less intuitive with a tablet, like selecting buttons, become second nature after a while. You do need to practice though and do it regularly to have it feel natural.

I think the picture is of a Cintiq. Yes it is a wacom and they're like $1000 each. Screen + tablet combined in one :D

I use the 21" wacom cintiq, they cost around $2k, but that price is inflated badly. I bought mine 6 years ago for not much more then they cost now--that defies the laws of electronics. :-0

Wacom also sells a 12" tablet with a screen that you can use as a partner to your monitor, it sells for about half as much as the 21" version.

I wouldn't recommend the cintiq unless you do a lot of digital painting.

It does take a lot to get used to working with a tablet, but it's worth it. Some people take to it faster then others. The best thing you can do is to unplug your mouse and force yourself to use the tablet for everything, after about 40 hours of use you'll be just as comfortable as you were with a mouse, and you'll only improve from there.

I have a Bamboo, which is what I started with, and an Intuos4 (med). Like you, when I first started using it, it was very difficult to get my head around. Now though, I wouldn't be without it. Certain things like doing an irregular shaped selection, or dodging/burning, I just can't imagine doing in any other way now. Even things that seem less intuitive with a tablet, like selecting buttons, become second nature after a while. You do need to practice though and do it regularly to have it feel natural.
You can use the pentool for that... makes perfect selections for any shape.

I actually go throught the trouble of taking my work wacom home every time i have photos to edit. I love it and HATE editing photos without it. It provides soooo much more control especialy when using the pen tool and dodging and burning. I would recomend a graphics tablet to anyone who works with graphics editing programs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back