Waiting to rock

mygreenbird007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3579204822_aa651f0ce5.jpg

I'm not crazy about this shot, but I wanted to get impressions and tips on what you might have done to make it better. I feel like the angle wasn't optimal, not sure. I shot it from a few viewpoints and this was the best. Any post-processing tips are appreciated!

Bare strobe, camera left. Little to none ambient light to work with. Feel free to ask for more technical info.; I'm happy to post EXIF data.

First off, the colors are very vibrant and the contrast is great. The guitars really pop out and come to life.

The angle is a bit too ordinary for my taste. Did you try a shot from below the guitars? Placing the camera about ten inches out from the first guitar and pointing it up at an extreme angle could get you a pretty cool shot.

Overall, it's a very good composition.

Thanks for the note - I'll have to try to angle from below next time. I was on the stage right before the performance. I envisioned a top angle shot, but just couldn't get it right!

if you have a 2nd flash or light i'd put it facing the guitar to eliminate shadow as well. awesome shot, looks like it could be in a guitar catalog.

Most reactions

Back