Waiting...

IrishCameraGirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiya! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to work on subject matter...and I titled the picture "Waiting..." (not trying to imply that I'm just waiting for feedback. heh)

Thank you!!!

waiting.jpg

It's really lacking a lot of shadow detail.

And is that a tree behind her or is she sitting on a Van de Graaff generator?

It's really lacking a lot of shadow detail.

And is that a tree behind her or is she sitting on a Van de Graaff generator?

LOL There's a twig poking up out of the water. I'll have to definitely pay better attention to that kind of thing.

And thank you!

Yes, more of a profile shot from the right side where the light is coming from, would have probably been the better approach.

skieur

I might add this would be a great time for some fill flash.

A few things:
The comp is off.
It is too dark.
There is no focus.
There is a weed coming out of the girls head.
This is meant to help you in the future. This forum is for finished photographs. During judging, this photo would not fair well.
It doesn't mean you are bad at all. Maybe just sentimental.
Keep shooting, and keep trying, and keep posting.
Hugs,
Cindy

just tinkering based upon the feedback so far.

i found the image a bit too dark and i was bothered by the twig coming out of the head so i might give some post processing a stab. not great at it mind you, but it's something that i am working on.

there's alot more information available in a digital file than meets the eye. the original file was not optimum, but i think that you could really benefit from working your images with post processing. it's the modern equivalent of the dark room.

in this case, i used the shadows and highlights adjustment in photoshop and then worked with curves to equalize the image. i used a healing brush and liquify plugin to get rid of the stick. (not the best job ever, and you can still see alot of artifacts, but you get the idea.)

if you don't have photoshop, try the gimp. it's free and it's getting better with every release.
fishin.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back