wakeboarding

MarkXS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
alright so im going on the boat with my camera this weekend to shoot a couple friends wakeboarding. any tips?

alright so im going on the boat with my camera this weekend to shoot a couple friends wakeboarding. any tips?

Don't drop the camera in the water... happened to someone here recently I think. Not trying to be funny.

Honestly, bring a UV filter and maybe a polarizer. The UV might help with some of the bright sunlight on the water and the polarizing filter might help with some of the reflections on the water.

alright. i already got the UV. any suggestions on the focal length i should use?

A 55-250 might be perfect but it depends on how close you are. What do you have for lenses? I'd bring my 70-300 if I was going because I'd want to fill the frame with the person wakeboarding...

It might help to get your camera ready for continuous focusing. I know that with my canon, that would mean setting it on AI servo mode. Im not sure if Nikons or other brands have different terms. And being a fellow wakeboarder myself, I think some of the pictures that get me feeling the sport when Im not actually out on the water are some of the shots where the rider is cutting out wide across the water,to where he is just barely skimming the surface. Especially if captured with a sunset in the back ground. Just my two cents.

Also, always have your camera ready, and not just in use when the boarder is out tearing it up. Moments after a spill, or seconds before starting can turn out great. Trust me, you can get a lot of human emotion capturing a boarder who just resurfaced after a spill at 25 mph.

alright so ill bring my 75-300 and pop it on AF servo. thanks guys! any other tips will be appreciated.

Most reactions

Back