Photos OK to edit
i love my new sigma 10-20

had a great day of shootin with it.

heres a little sample
yeah1of1.jpg

joetubeshots053.jpg

joetubeshots103.jpg

joetubeshots234.jpg

5.random pic, i caught my friends flash so i thought id share, it was funny i got better lighting than he did.
masifrontbs1of1.jpg

joetubeshots117.jpg

Last edited:
Wow !

Is it a fisheye lens ? I don't know any other way of achieving this effect from the camera.

i dont know if its considered a fisheye or not.

glad you guys like it though. I'll post up some more in a little while. I dont know if some of the photos are going to run somewhere or not. So when i found out i will post em or post the ones that wont run

Sorry but It’s out of focus; try play with the focus points and modes, IMO a single center focus point may have worked better for this shot, keep practicing

indeed it is. Shutter speed was too slow also. Thanks for the tip, ill check out that center point thing. Can you briefly explain it? I had the little square in the middle but my cheek would move it when we went over waves...

indeed it is. Shutter speed was too slow also. Thanks for the tip, ill check out that center point thing. Can you briefly explain it? I had the little square in the middle but my cheek would move it when we went over waves...

Autofocus work by finding the contrast between different colors, If the camera is set to us all of the focus points it will try looking for a subject or contrast within the entire view, this may not alway work for what the photographer or you want

So by using a single focus point you are controlling where the camera tries to focus, also you are shooting from the boat right?, you may want to think about using manual focus, the rope will keep the rider at a fixed distance, so you only focus ones

Also what exposure mode are you using? If the camera is set to full auto exposure and all focus points, the camera will try set a combination of the shutter speed, aperture and ISO what maybe to slow for your needs

I shoot Canon so check your manual for how to set up the camera

rtfm= read the frikkin manual???

jeff, im sitting in a tube about 6 inches from the rider. I was thinking about just setting it to infinity and leaving it in MF. Thanks for the tip, ill try the single focus point this weekend. Its just hard because the rider will cut out and be right next to me doing tricks on the wake so he is a little further away. Then i have to focus again. But i guess i can have him ride behind the tube and focus but keep holding the shutter half way down so it stays focused, Then when he comes past me again ill shoot. I was in Program auto (bsically auto) then i switched over to Shutter priority and made sure i didnt get any more motion blur...

get a fisheye thats a full 180 degree and preferably with no vig.. im not a big fan of vig, a good cheap fisheye is the zenitar 16mm it usually goes for 200 dallors, but its all manuale including the apeture

-------------

Last edited:
The new info changes some of what I was guessing at before, what is the minimum and maximum focusing distances of the lens?, because you are riding behind the boat or pivot point of the rope you cannot just manual focus once to a fix distance and then shot away at will, but you can still manual focus by setting a wide DOF and only shooting when the rider passes thru the DOF zone (Google Zone Focusing)

Might I ask Don't you worry about getting tossed off the tube and falling in the water with your camera gear? I would have guessed you were ont eh boat just down low..........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back