Waking at 04:00 ..... Oh I'll do it again!

D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we headed out to the mountain in search of sunrise, and it did arrive again, however, as we walked through the dark, I knew thee galactic centre had visibility until just before 06:00. As we marched through the 6ft of snow I stopped to marvel at the sky, stars everywhere... I set up and fired off a few shots, I wish I had hung around longer to actually focus on doing this session.. but next time..

I'm really pleased with how this came out! C&C as always...

D850 - 24-70mm @ 24mm - f3.2 - 13 Seconds.. (ISO 3200)
Galactica.jpg

That is a stunningly beautiful image, very well taken too with some great lighting.

Reactions: D7K
Judging by all the footprints in the snow you must have had problems picking a spot to set up. :allteeth:

Nice shot, his much before daylight was this?

Lovely, look at the colors in the milky way! May I ask where this was shot?
The exposure is so very well done here. I would like to see more sky (how interesting the stars are!) than ground, though I realize the tracks in the snow may lead the viewer into the horizon.

Chris, you've definitely got night photography dialed in, beauty of a shot! :encouragement:

Thank you all, the shot was taken in Vitosha Mountain at around 05:30, according to my PhotoPills app the galactic centre was visible from 04:47 until 05:40.

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Another shot from that morning (slightly different light and edit); As I mentioned, I wasn't there to shoot the sky but the opportunity was just too good to pass out, between wanting to shoot the sky and make the sunrise it was an internal battle, alas, I planned for sunrise and went for that... I am not so happy with my focus on these ones, maybe a combination of not taking the proper time, my heart beating fast from the hike and the near pitch darkness - it's a shame but for these shots I can get past it, and learn for next time,,

Feel free as always to provide feedback; (Note: The Orange glow on the horizon isn't just off colouring, its from the city lights beyond illuminating the cloud.)
Galactica_1.jpg

Apologies to @bulldurham for the lack of whiteness in the snow.. It was edited prior to your tips ;)

Amazing sky!

Thank you all - great to receive such positive, and constructive feedback :)

Stellar Work once again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back