Wal-Mart ever not let you print your own pictures?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Flatland2D, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Socrates

Socrates TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do agree that the stupid moronic customer should be responsible for her actions.

2. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well, the moron in question was my daughter.

And if anyone remembers my post, I instructed her to make sure she called me for a release form, if she wanted to get prints made. And like I said in my original post, kids do not listen to you, it does not matter how old they are. :er:

I have no idea how anyone could expect what happened to her. In a million years, I would not have expected some clerk to just snap the CD in half like that.

When I called the store manager, he kept apologizing over and over and actually talked about letting the clerk go. I told him that was completely unnecessary. I just asked that she be better trained as to how to deal with these types of situations. So, I mailed him another CD, with a release form, and he printed 8x10's of all the photos for free.

It was either a case of poor training or the clerk really is not all that bright to begin with- she was just 19 years old. However, blaming the moron is ludicrous.

3. Socrates

Socrates TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That was my only point but I was unfortunately dragged into other discussions with comments such as "suppose the photos were of long-dead relatives and no other copies of the files existed?" I wasn't picking on your daughter but, rather, addressing the moron with non-replaceable valuable photos of long-dead relatives with zero copies of the files.

There's no question that the clerk was wrong and corrective action is certainly appropriate. I just don't believe that a mistake should result in termination.

4. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup No longer a newbie, moving up!

Oh, no worries. I've called her worse names. Nitwit is one of my favorites. :wink:

And I agree, when the manager told me he wanted to fire the clerk, I really had to talk him out of it.

5. Socrates

Socrates TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've always maintained that I fully understand the term "artificial intelligence" because I have children!

6. andrew99

andrew99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

How do you find the quality of Costco? I took some pics there, but they did some kind of processing to them. They over-exposed the highlights and added posturization. I don't know if they reduced the bit-depth of the colours, or boosted the contrast, or whatever it was, but I took the exact same jpegs to a photography store and they came out perfectly. Too bad, since Costco was half the price!

7. astrostu

astrostu Guest

I find Costco quality great. But it, as do many other places, do some auto-"corrections." With Costco, though, there's a simple check box to turn that off.