Photos OK to edit
My first photos here, hope they're ok!

2590739776_7ddc502431.jpg

2589893383_a2ef4f939b.jpg

2589891437_5175004661.jpg

2589889387_1fb513ff8e.jpg

Please comment if you wish. :)

I like what you're doing here.

#1 could be improved a bit if you move so you can see more of the fence, or at least see along the top of the line of posts. I love shots like this though :)

#2 and #3 are great in my opinion. I like how bold the silhouette of the trees is, and the leaves in 3 are so simple.

#4 isn't really doing much for me though. The chopped off end of the tree doesn't seem to fit in such a natural looking picture. I would try to move your perspective a bit so you get more of this end of the tree--the more interesting part--in focus and maybe have it so the line of the tree takes your eyes into the shot. It is hard to find a really obvious subject as it is.

Good job, you're doing very well :)

great colors in the last one.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Joel!
Nice collection of very green photos here, so I must like them (I love that colour, you know?).

One suggestion: put spaces between the links when you prepare your post, and once you post more than three photos, number them. Makes commenting so much easier for the viewers (and with spaces between the links the photos don't run one right into the other). OK?

In your first photo I find the blurred foreground leaf immensely distracting, I feel the rusty fence (is it a fence?) was your subject but that leaf covers large part of it. Any reason why you chose to have it there?

My favourite is the simple view of the young maple (?) leaves against the blurred out background. Many might think that one's a boring picture, but I like the sharpness (at least they seem sharp and in focus in the 500x375px size we see here -> you may well post photos as large as 800px wide if they are horizontal, or 800px long if they are vertical), the fact that the leaves are lit up from behind, their colour, and the shadow of some smaller leaves shining through the larger ones.

I agree with La Photo that the blurred leaf in the fence picture is distracting. The rusty fence is an interesting subject, and I am impressed that you discovered it cause it is the type of thing I would have missed. I would like to see a picture where the fence stands out more as the primary subject. The solo leaf is my favorite as well because of the sharpness and detail of the leaf, vibrant green color, and nice bokeh.

I like what you're doing here.

#1 could be improved a bit if you move so you can see more of the fence, or at least see along the top of the line of posts. I love shots like this though :)

#2 and #3 are great in my opinion. I like how bold the silhouette of the trees is, and the leaves in 3 are so simple.

#4 isn't really doing much for me though. The chopped off end of the tree doesn't seem to fit in such a natural looking picture. I would try to move your perspective a bit so you get more of this end of the tree--the more interesting part--in focus and maybe have it so the line of the tree takes your eyes into the shot. It is hard to find a really obvious subject as it is.

Good job, you're doing very well :)

Thanks for the comments! Regarding the fourth photo I don't exactly know what I was trying to do! Just experimenting with a new camera, but I understand what you're saying, a real subject is needed.

great colors in the last one.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Joel!
Nice collection of very green photos here, so I must like them (I love that colour, you know?).

One suggestion: put spaces between the links when you prepare your post, and once you post more than three photos, number them. Makes commenting so much easier for the viewers (and with spaces between the links the photos don't run one right into the other). OK?

Thanks for the welcome, and tip, I'll bear that in mind!

In your first photo I find the blurred foreground leaf immensely distracting, I feel the rusty fence (is it a fence?) was your subject but that leaf covers large part of it. Any reason why you chose to have it there?

I think what I was trying to do was to give a feeling of "layers" to the picture, and not make the fence such a strong subject in the picture. But I understand what you're saying, looking at it now the leaf is pretty distracting!

My favourite is the simple view of the young maple (?) leaves against the blurred out background. Many might think that one's a boring picture, but I like the sharpness (at least they seem sharp and in focus in the 500x375px size we see here -> you may well post photos as large as 800px wide if they are horizontal, or 800px long if they are vertical), the fact that the leaves are lit up from behind, their colour, and the shadow of some smaller leaves shining through the larger ones.

Thanks, it's good to know I can post bigger pictures, I didn't know the Photo Forum "etiquette", but now I can post larger photos that's good! (Thanks for your opinions and help!)

I agree with La Photo that the blurred leaf in the fence picture is distracting. The rusty fence is an interesting subject, and I am impressed that you discovered it cause it is the type of thing I would have missed. I would like to see a picture where the fence stands out more as the primary subject. The solo leaf is my favorite as well because of the sharpness and detail of the leaf, vibrant green color, and nice bokeh.

If I get another chance, I'll see if I can reshoot the fence, and see if I could get it a bit better. Thanks for your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back