What's new

Walking Tour of Downtown Houston (6 pics)

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
14
Location
Houston, TX
These are some things that caught my eye while I was on a walking tour of downtown Houston. The tour focused on the history of the area near Buffalo Bayou where Houston was founded.


52977893-M.jpg


52977806-L.jpg


52975367-M.jpg


52977819-M.jpg


52977902-L.jpg


52977862-L.jpg
 
I like your perspectives in these photos. Nice, crisp photos! :thumbup:
 
Very nice. How I wish I had your weather right now. The first two really caught my eye.

Eric
 
The weather you are having makes me envious...
And I like what you saw and how you framed it, mostly so Photo 2 (love that one!), the "shutter" in Photo 4 and the contrast of blue and red in Photo 5.

(To be thinking that it is now almost 10 years ago that I was in Houston ... and I wasn't too much into photography at the time, more into video filming, so I did not take too many pics way back then --- and my husband already then never waited for me ever, and still does not, so photography with him by my side is always either a very rushed thing, or combined with spending more time looking for where he is than I can ever take for my photos ... :roll: --- but that is only an off-side remark. Forget it.)
 
Thanks for the comments guys. It was a lot of fun taking the tour because I learned new things about Houston and although I couldn't take a lot of time taking pictures (or the group would have left me...) I found a lot of places that I want to go back to when I have more time.


LaFoto said:
my husband already then never waited for me ever, and still does not, so photography with him by my side is always either a very rushed thing, or combined with spending more time looking for where he is than I can ever take for my photos ... :roll: --- but that is only an off-side remark. Forget it.)

I know exactly what you mean. Photography is a recent interest for me and so far my friends and family have been very patient while I take pictures. But this is always in the back of my mind while I'm pressing the button... that person standing there waiting.
 
Love the one of the mirror/sculpture/building thing! Nice series!

Rob
 
Thanks guys. I'm partial to #6 and that mirror thing was so bizarre. I would never have known it was there. A fun find!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom