Wandering Washington

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Wow I love that second one. And the third, and the fourth... 'Rolling Green' is incredible.

Wonderful! It's the first one for me.

Outstanding as always. Always enjoy seeing your work.

Very beautiful work. Can you share more details - equipment, processing, etc.?

Sure, the telephoto shots were shot with a rented Canon 100-400 f4-5.6 II with 1.4xIII tele-extender. The images were tack sharp and it was such a pleasure to have that much zoom without sacrificing almighty image quality. The waterfall shot was done with Canon 16-35II @ 16mm. I believe it was a blend of 2 or 3 exposures for dynamic range and sharpness.

Processing techniques vary for each image, including luminosity masking and exposure blending.

Thanks all!

So was the trip purely for taking photos?

You said you were waist deep in the water for the last one and that it was a couple exposures. Does that mean your tripod was in the water too? Does it hold up well to that kind of punishment?

Excellent captured by the way. My favorites are the last two.

Lovely results--thanks for sharing. That's an especially beautiful part of the world and your photos reflect that.

Wow, the light on those hills is stunning. One of these days I'll make it to that side of the country... one of these days.

Nicely done as always Majeed.

Jake

He just makes this stuff up. I mean c'mon, who really finds this stuff in nature?......Majeed, that's who!
I'm giving up....geez.

So was the trip purely for taking photos?

You said you were waist deep in the water for the last one and that it was a couple exposures. Does that mean your tripod was in the water too? Does it hold up well to that kind of punishment?

Excellent captured by the way. My favorites are the last two.

My tripod was almost entirely submerged. Every tripod I've owned is fine getting wet, as long as I let it dry off afterward. I previously owned a Manfrotto 055XPROB. I was constantly in fresh water and salt water with those legs. I tried to keep them clean but eventually some buildup happened around the clamps. I know own Really Right Stuff TV-34L legs. They are fine in water. I try to keep the leg joints out of salt water as much as possible. Dis-assembly is a breeze and cleaning/maintenance is straightforward.

Wonderful - you have a gift for both finding and capturing amazing scenes!

Thanks, I don't necessarily agree. I see pictures of beautiful places and it inspires me to go to those places and take my own pictures.

Lovely results--thanks for sharing. That's an especially beautiful part of the world and your photos reflect that.

I agree that it's a really beautiful area.

Wow, the light on those hills is stunning. One of these days I'll make it to that side of the country... one of these days.

Nicely done as always Majeed.

Jake

Thanks Jake!

Cracking job, lovely shots!

Thanks Pete.

He just makes this stuff up. I mean c'mon, who really finds this stuff in nature?......Majeed, that's who!
I'm giving up....geez.

Well, I get a lot of my ideas from seeing other inspiring artists work. Check out Chip Phillips work. He lives close the Palouse and has a ridiculous portfolio of the area.

Most reactions

Back