Want A New Sony.

hockeybum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody, right now I have the Sony a55, but i would like to go to the next model up within the next few months. I want it to have a high shutter speed (the a55 has 10 fps) and HD video. Im 14 years old and i dont have too much money, but i will because im going to be doing a bit of wedding photography this summer. I would like to keep the price under $1600.00

thanks

It sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, you will get a high shutter speed with the camera you have if there is sufficient light

He means fps. I don't see why 10 fps wouldn't be sufficient enough for a wedding. IMO skip the camera body and get a wedding lens. You'd be way better off with the 70-200 2.8 if you don't have it than a new body for a wedding.

For weddings you're going to want low light so make sure you have at least a 2.8 aperture at your preferred focal lengths

If you think you need more than 10fps for shooting a wedding, then you are not ready to shoot weddings.

You need fast, high quality lenses.

You probably don't want to shoot weddings with an SLT, either. But that is somewhat subjective.

I hope you provide an amateur disclaimer for every one of your wedding contracts. Wait, you will have a signed contract correct? Business license? Tax ID? DBA? Liability and Equipment insurance? Backup bodies? Woah boy...

Hey now, maybe he's just being an assistant during the summer. Since the OP didn't really ask a question I will be quiet now.

o hey tyler said:
If you think you need more than 10fps for shooting a wedding, then you are not ready to shoot weddings.

You probably don't want to shoot weddings with an SLT, either. But that is somewhat subjective.

But SLT is still better than shooting with Canon that has outdated sensor.

Now Hockeybum,
If you really want a new Sony, get the a580. It is one of the best APS-C camera. No Canon APS-C can match the a580. Better IQ, Dynamic Range, Color accuracy, Lower Noise in high ISO.
If your money is tight, just rent some fast lenses like the 70-200mm 2.8 or CZ 24-70mm which is also better than the Canon counterpart. :)

Last edited:
Hey everybody, right now I have the Sony a55, but i would like to go to the next model up within the next few months. I want it to have a high shutter speed (the a55 has 10 fps) and HD video. Im 14 years old and i dont have too much money, but i will because im going to be doing a bit of wedding photography this summer. I would like to keep the price under $1600.00

thanks

Umm, is there a question you are asking us ?

thanks

I guess we are supposed to volunteer our donations.

thanks

He wants to upgrade his current camera (a55) and he's asking for your advice on the matter. What's not clear about it?

Ah, the next Sony model up from the SLT-A55 is the SLT-A65 ($900), then the SLT-A77($1400).

the a55 seems pretty recent, I wonder why he want's to upgrade. What extra features would the higher models have that would be a benefit to wedding photography?

I would get the a77. I have one. If you have lenses you can just about go full frame with that much money. Tha a850 used is about 1600.

o hey tyler said:

But SLT is still better than shooting with Canon that has outdated sensor.

Scoreboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back