Wanted: Alpha/Beta testers with WiFi enabled Camera (iOS/Windows/OSX)

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After buying Nikon's WU-1a WiFi adapter and finding out how horrible Nikon's software is (no iPad support?) i decided to pull out my nerd-card and create my own iOS app.

If you have a WiFi enabled camera and an iOS device (iPad / iPhone) and want to test a new APP im working on please send me a PM.

The cameras i'd really like tested are the Nikon D600/D800 with the WU-1b and the Canon 6D... but anything is welcome :) (Nikon 1 with adapter, Point-n-Shoot, m4/3... etc). Even if you don't have an iOS device but have a Macbook, Windows Notebook or WiFi enabled desktop and a WiFi camera i could use your help :lmao:

I'm still in the early stages of development but anybody who helps will get the final APP for free!! (ooooh.. thats right.. a $4.99 value!! :D )

If you are interested please send me a PM with your camera info and what iOS device you have.

Thanks!

PS. EyiFi cards are not supported right now... sorry.

PSS. About me.. I'm a Software Developer by profession with 20+ years of experience. If you want my full resume before you install any of my software on your device just ask :)

I sadly match a lot of your hardware having a D7100 and WU-1a. Controlling devices I have available to me are a Win8 laptop, iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S as well as iPad Mini.

Let me know if I can be any help.

Yup.. You've got what i have :)

D7100 w/WU-1a
iPhones (5 / 4s / touch)
iPad (mini, 2, 3)

I'll still put you on 'the list'..

I'm toying with the idea of creating a 'Windows Store' app for Win8 but i'd like to get my iOS app into the Apple store ASAP. I did my prototypes on Windows while i was learning the protocols.. then i moved everything over to OSX and now onto iOS.

I would like to hear what features you'd like to see :) (that goes for everybody... even if you don't a wifi enabled camera)

If you're interested I have a d600 and D800 and a Wu-1b. I also have a Samsung win8 pro tablet that I would like to be able to control the cameras from as well as an iphone5 and my wife has an android tablet so petty much every toy. As far as I can see it there is nowhere to plug the Wu-1b into the D800 but I'm open to suggestion. I'm happy to test software for you.

Last edited:
Hi!

Posted on your other thread. I'm interested in helping. I too have a D7100 w/ WU-1a, as well as an iPhone5, iPad2, and a MacBook Pro.

Hope your app development's going well!

Most reactions

Back