What's new

wanted: nikkor 85 mm 1.8 G

That's impressively cheap for one, even second hand... I doubt you'll find one that cheap


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
they are selling used for a hair under $400USD. Good luck.
 
I've been on ebay and have seen a few for £80 and a few for £110 :) but just wondered if anyone were selling on here :)
 
Crazy cheap. Looking at used listings on ebay, the cheapest I could find sold was $320USD (192GBP), but that was an outlier, most are sold around 350-360 used (210-216GBP) and 396 new.

I honestly suggest you stick to ebay.
 
I've been on ebay and have seen a few for £80 and a few for £110 :) but just wondered if anyone were selling on here :)

Well I ended up buying mine new because I couldn't find a used one that was cheap enough that the price difference between that and a new one was really worth it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and for what it's worth IMHO the lens was worth every penny I paid for it even new, it really is that good of a lens.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
 
I've been on ebay and have seen a few for £80 and a few for £110 :) but just wondered if anyone were selling on here :)

you sure you're not looking at the D version and not the G version? the D is pretty cheap, right around the prices you're mentioning. new price on the G lens is $495 (nikon's rebate price is $395, but that is supposed to end at the first of april), used prices is right around $400, if you were able to find one for $350, that would be a very good deal. if you found one for $250 I'd suspect there is something functionally wrong with it.

good luck in your search though, its a very nice lens.
 
I honestly suggest you consider the AF D version. While it may not be as fast as the newer G lens, it is more than capable of producing beautiful portraits. I bought mine for right at $225. The cheapest G model I found when I was looking for fast 85 was $350 at the time and it was a trade in at the local camera store.
 
I honestly suggest you consider the AF D version. While it may not be as fast as the newer G lens, it is more than capable of producing beautiful portraits. I bought mine for right at $225. The cheapest G model I found when I was looking for fast 85 was $350 at the time and it was a trade in at the local camera store.

That's a good deal. I got mine from B&H with caps and the hood ( in good condition ) for about 330 I think?
 
I think the AF-D lens focusses faster then the G lens. I get better luminance value for the D lens probably because of it's bigger front element (ie. I get about 1/2 a stop more for the D lens).

Both are good lenses. G is sharper the D and more flimsy as well. Better to work on your budget and the D lens is still a pretty great lens. I'm comparing on the f1.8 version btw through my personal hands-on experience of both lenses.
 
$image-1402532247.webp

Beautiful isn't it? That's the D lens :)
 

Attachments

  • $image-2167170658.webp
    $image-2167170658.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 137
  • $image-3396972347.webp
    $image-3396972347.webp
    57 KB · Views: 144

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom