Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Technically it's an acceptable image, but artistically, there doesn't seem to be anything to hold my eye. The bulk of the scene is a large open, relatively featureless area, and the buildings on the periphery are small enough in the frame to be of little interest. I would suggest either moving farther back to capture a broad panorama, or moving in much closer to capture detail in the buildings. Waiting until there was a streetcar in the foreground may have provided the needed visual 'hook' as well.

TCampbell

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's not level -- watch your horizontal and vertical lines. But that's easily straightened with digital tools (back in my film days, I'd have been in trouble with my boss for turning in un-level images).

I'm looking at the geometry of the street-car wires and I'm wondering if you'd be able to make something interesting of that by lowering the camera down to near-street level and helping the wires stand out a bit more against the sky. It would be more interesting to get a focal point... someone walking across the street or riding a bicycle (but not so far away that they're insect-size... they need to close enough to provide interest.)

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics