wartnee (sp)

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i bought a d-80 from wolf today with my grad money, and there 2 year wartnee is 400 more bucks. is it worth it to get it? cause when i bought my n55 wartnee i took it in to get reparied and they told me they were sending it to nikon since it was in the first year. so i am really paying 400$ for one years worth of wartnee

The deal you would buy from Wolf/Ritz is not really a warranty becase it does more than the warranty of the camera. The plan they carry covers damage from accidents or other misuse so for my mind if you think something could possibly happen you should get it. This is really a gamble because if you don't use it it was a real waste of money but if you do..... As far as where the camera is sent, the person in the store would have no say in where they send a camera they would just send it to the repair dept. and they would decide if it needed to go to Nikon. And in the interest of full disclosure yes, I was a former Ritz employee.

the only reason im even thinking about not buying it is because ive spent half of my grad money and i watned to save half of it so 400 more dollars would only leave me 500 to start a savings account with

Aftermarket warranties are incredibly profitable for the sellers. I was in that business once in my life. They are always a terrible value - every single time. If your fear level is that high, then it's your money.

Do yourself a favor and call Nikon to find out what a rebuild for the camera would be out of warranty. Chances are good that most anything you would do to the camera would cost less than $400. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back