wat do you think?

M_Kali00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a pic of my old car that i took with just a reg digital camera, it's not like amazing but i really like this pic, and until i get a really good camera (which by the way i don't know what kind if ne one could help me with that too that would b great:thumbup:) anyways i was just curious to see what you guys think of this pic

mycar.jpg

i decided to put this one up too, it's kind of blurry thou i hope u like it!

Aug19105.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, but neither picture does anything for me.

The car is basically centered right in the middle of the picture making it kinda boring visually. The front of the car is dark and very little detail is visible. The power lines are very distracting. The bushes/trees on the right almost look like they're growing out of the car. The light flare on the rear quarter panel is distracting too. Too much empty space in the foreground.

The second image is just way too out of focus. It's okay if the background is blurry/out of focus as long as you have something in the foreground that is in focus. But a completely out of focus image is not fun to look at at all.

thank u i appreciate ur honesty! i need a better camera! i took these awhile ago n just thou id put em up to c, thanks again!

thank u i appreciate ur honesty! i need a better camera! i took these awhile ago n just thou id put em up to c, thanks again!

Its tough sometimes with the equipments limitations. However the equipment does not control you. You control the equipment. Learn what the limitations are and how to work with it. A point and shoot camera does not mean you cant take photos. Take a look at my flickr everything shot on pages 23-34 were shot with a point and shoot camera.

thanks Mgw189, i need a lot of work, but im willing to do it, i just need some good pointers, and thanks for urs! much appreciated! and any more pointers will def help! lol

What camera are you using now? Do you know if you can shoot in Manual Mode? What about Aperture Priority (Av) or Shutter Priority (Tv)? Can you adjust ISO manually on it?

As was said, you control the camera, or perhaps you don't. Some cameras do not have anything but auto mode.

What you do control, no matter what camera you have, is the scene. This can be quite difficult to do, but that difficulty is only in your own remembering to pay attention.

When you take a photo of something, the car photo for example, your own focus is on the car. For someone not into the intricacies of photography, it is easy to focus on the subject and forget about everything else that will end up in the scene. As has been pointed out, the electric wires, the trees, the centering of the car (something that no one really thinks about until they start to research more about photography), and the location of the light (the sun in this example) are all things that you can control.

Next time, pay attention to what is behind your subject and what will be showing in the final image (the wires and trees). Position yourself/camera better to remove or hide those items from the image.

Position your subject/camera so that the light is behind you falling onto and lighting your subject (the sun). Imagine the car flipped 180 degrees and you positioning your camera to get the same angled shot that you have posted except for shooting the left front corner instead of the right front corner. Now the sun would have been more towards your back lighting the front of the car and you would have a much better lighted photo.

As for the centering of the car, to make it a bit more pleasing to the eye of the viewer, you generally do not want to center the subject. If you would have positioned the car more to the left, the empty space to the right of the car would leave room for the car to "move" towards in the image. Kind of difficult for me to explain. Think of a bird in flight and you want to take a photo of it. You want to leave space in the photo for the bird to fly towards to give the image some sense of motion, if that makes any sense to you.

Small tip with photographing a stationary car, turn the front wheels instead of leaving them straight like in that image. If you would have turned the wheels towards the left (car's left) it would be more pleasing to the eye in a shot such as this.

As was said, you control the camera, or perhaps you don't. Some cameras do not have anything but auto mode.

What you do control, no matter what camera you have, is the scene. This can be quite difficult to do, but that difficulty is only in your own remembering to pay attention.

When you take a photo of something, the car photo for example, your own focus is on the car. For someone not into the intricacies of photography, it is easy to focus on the subject and forget about everything else that will end up in the scene. As has been pointed out, the electric wires, the trees, the centering of the car (something that no one really thinks about until they start to research more about photography), and the location of the light (the sun in this example) are all things that you can control.

Next time, pay attention to what is behind your subject and what will be showing in the final image (the wires and trees). Position yourself/camera better to remove or hide those items from the image.

Position your subject/camera so that the light is behind you falling onto and lighting your subject (the sun). Imagine the car flipped 180 degrees and you positioning your camera to get the same angled shot that you have posted except for shooting the left front corner instead of the right front corner. Now the sun would have been more towards your back lighting the front of the car and you would have a much better lighted photo.

As for the centering of the car, to make it a bit more pleasing to the eye of the viewer, you generally do not want to center the subject. If you would have positioned the car more to the left, the empty space to the right of the car would leave room for the car to "move" towards in the image. Kind of difficult for me to explain. Think of a bird in flight and you want to take a photo of it. You want to leave space in the photo for the bird to fly towards to give the image some sense of motion, if that makes any sense to you.

Small tip with photographing a stationary car, turn the front wheels instead of leaving them straight like in that image. If you would have turned the wheels towards the left (car's left) it would be more pleasing to the eye in a shot such as this.

WOW! thanks very much!! that really helped me out!! i really appreciate it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back