Photos OK to edit
DSC_2870.jpg

DSC_2869.jpg

DSC_2867.jpg

DSC_2864.jpg

DSC_2861.jpg

DSC_2857.jpg

Lots of noise in the last one I know.

2nd and 3rd are good. But I detect a small amount of noise in the third. And the last few try and get lower and see if you can fill the container up to the brim so you have a small minicus

Here are a few more with less noise

DSC_2896.jpg

DSC_2879.jpg

DSC_2875.jpg

DSC_2874.jpg

In this series, it's not noise in the background, it's bubbles from the water in the bowl.

These are amazing! How did you get these shots, if you don't mind me asking?

These are amazing! How did you get these shots, if you don't mind me asking?

Why thank you!

A tooooooooooooon of light, and my trusty 50mm lens. It took a lot of time to get the focus right and find the sweet spot but once I did there was no stopping me. Lol. I use 2 lightstands with normal lightbulbs on either side of the drops and the on board flash on my camera. HTH! ;)

so total noob question: How do you do the water art any how? Shake the surface? The container? I'm definitely interested in trying this...

Drop water into the container with water from up above. I use a soda bottle that has a very small hole pierced in it. This way when I squeeze the bottle the drop comes out at a slow speed so I can get the timing just right.

Or you can drop something into the bowl like a marble or something like that. Makes a bigger splash :) Just make sure you have your F-stop up there so that you can get more in focus.

Now I have only been on this site about a month, and it seems there is a new water drop post every day, is this something new to the forum, or has this been going on forever?? While they are cool, they all look the same, first time I thought I would try it out when my new tripod arrives, now I cant stand them. I will say, it probably serves as good practice for Macro shots.

Now I have only been on this site about a month, and it seems there is a new water drop post every day, is this something new to the forum, or has this been going on forever?? While they are cool, they all look the same, first time I thought I would try it out when my new tripod arrives, now I cant stand them. I will say, it probably serves as good practice for Macro shots.

That was the reason I tried them out and now I am bored with them because you are right, they all look the same! I have been trying to get a hold on a bunch of different areas of photography, I have done smoke art, weddings, portraits, animals, and now the water drops. Next up is going to be trying HDR again since I have failed miserably at that in the past.

It does seem like a lot of water drop photos have been surfacing lately does it?

Most reactions

Back