What's new

Water drop collisions

Ive been trying to get this to happen for a long time now. I figure I just dont get the drops dripping quick enough. They have to be almost together for this to happen. Beautiful shots.
 
Excellent images. Very technically sound.

Ive been trying to get this to happen for a long time now. I figure I just dont get the drops dripping quick enough. They have to be almost together for this to happen. Beautiful shots.

Lots of factors play in here. Drop interval, fall height and water depth all have to be just right. And then you actually have to capture the event.
 
They are both very good but the red is just perfect.
I think I'd like the blue better if it were cropped tighter.
 
Nice shots....I got the time machine in May and still haven't set it up!!!!! Makes me mad!! Maybe if you keep posting shots I'll get my ass moving!!!
 
Ive been trying to get this to happen for a long time now. I figure I just dont get the drops dripping quick enough. They have to be almost together for this to happen. Beautiful shots.

The only way you'll get this to happen at the exact time you want is to use the time machine in conduction with the dropper machine, where you can drop two at a selected interval. It's a lot of money just for some droplet shots IMO..
 
I wont go mechanical for this kind of shot. I like doing it all manually. It might take 50 or more shots to get the timing but I know its possible. Going mechanical just takes the fun out of it. Sometimes the journey can be frustrating, but arriving at the destination can be much more satisfying.
 
Impressive DOF to keep the collision in focus. Its what I have trouble with when taking these sorts of pictures. See my pic below.

46502119100537c544d5o.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom