Water Drop Photography - Setup/Tips

Nice! These are really well done. I love the colors as well.

Good first attempt. Get lower though.

Thanks for the feedback - Actually this was my one frustration/takeaway with my setup. I was sort of limited in how low I could go. I had my drip bag hanging from a low hanging chandelier, into a silver mixing bowl on the table. The bowl was fairly deep - I probably should have filled it up to the top, allowing me to get a bit lower. Next time for sure!

Thanks!

#1 was a 10 gallon fish tank, #2 was a shallow cereal bowl and #3 was a straight walled whiskey glass.

You can use anything that holds water.

Shutter speed.... I used my fastest sync speed at 1/250. With the strobe that seemed to work just fine.

Did you say whiskey?:p

Did you say whiskey?:p
Sorry, but the watchword is tequila......

The link doesn't seem to work. search youtube for peewee herman - tequila (originally by The Champs)

:biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man was this set-up a lot easier than what I was trying before! I did things a little different and had to improvise with what I had. I used different colors of scrapbooking paper not only as a background, but also under my glass dish. Since I do not have the means to take my flash off my camera, I left it on. I used ETTL at 35mm bouncing off the paper background and also the black backdrop that I had hung. I also had two lights/umbrellas at the table to assist with lighting. I was shooting with my 28-135mm lens on manual. 1/250, f8.0, ISO 500. I edited the photos by adding color variations to them using Lightroom.

Thanks again for the info!

drops_forum1.jpg

drops_forum2.jpg

drops_forum3.jpg

drops_setup.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back