What's new

Water droplets gone wrong...

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,881
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I was lucky enough for my computer to go down at work, so I got to go home a couple of hours and play while IT fixed it :greenpbl:.

Since it is a cold day, I decided to try the water droplets. I managed to get a couple of shots that are ok, but I did not get the effect I was going after. They are still kinda neat though so figured I would share.

droplet-4.jpg


droplet-3.jpg


I took a big clear punch bowl and put it in the sink with wrapping paper under it and behind it. Because of my crappy flash I had problems, but managed to get these.

What do yall think of these, even though they were kinda a failed experiment?
 
very nice! what makes the photo here (for me at least) is the color and the little waves, not the droplets. really cool pictures.
 
Thank you! It was definately fun and I like how they turned out anyway. I'm sure I will be doing it again!
 
Amazing!!! The second one is my favorite. I love it!!!

Also, what do you mean by wrapping paper? Do you mean the stuff you actually wrap presents with or something else? I've heard the term wrapping paper used for lots of different things. I really want to learn to do this!

Yes, it is literally (now very wet) wrapping paper. In this case it was green, red and white stripes and then I applied the Tungsten WB to it in lightroom and adjusted the curves a bit.
 
I like those colours you achived with the wrapping paper, it looks very cool!
 
Thanks again :)

It does look rather peacock-ish doesn't it?? LOL
 
very cool!

the first one is my favorite :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom