What's new

Water Drops, please see!

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,484
Reaction score
96
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a recent thread I posted a member suggested I tried some water drop photography. Please C and C and also, what is your favourite?
Here are the results: (ps: I didn’t use n external flash, i used the n camera one and I also put the paper at the bottom and not on the side)
$SSC_0316.webp$SSC_0317.webp$SSC_0318.webp$SSC_0319.webp$SSC_0320.webp$SSC_0321.webp$SSC_0322.webp
 
My .02, remember what you've paid for it.....

You've got the timing down..... now play with OCF and angles! Take a look at ALL of the water droplet photos on thie site, and try to do something unique with it. Specific C&C for you? The lighting looks a bit flat (I would bet due to the on camera flash) and the droplets kind of blend into the background, taking away from the visual impact of the water drop itself. It also looks like you have just very slightly missed focus on quite a few of these. Focus on droplets if tough.

The best thing about water droplets is that it teaches you a whole bunch about a whole host of aspects of photography. The downside, is that it has been done to death, and unless you put a very unique spin on it, they just look exactly like everyone elses. Here is something that might help get those creative juices flowing.........

Flickr: Liquid droplets

Keep at it!!! Looks good. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom