Water Drops

jefflesh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I read the book "Understanding Exposure" and realized it didn't have anything to do with taking off your cloths but more to do with setting up a camera for photography. After reading and understanding the section regarding aperture sizes I decided to take the camera outside and take some pictures of some flowers in the front yard. I know that these may not be exciting but I am looking for comments regarding the picture quality, exposure, aperture size, etc... That being said, please let me know your thoughts.

WaterDrops.jpg

WaterDrops2.jpg

The pictures were taken using a Canon 30D with the 100mm Macro lens. The settings for the top photo are as follows:
Aperture: f32
Shutter speed 0.4 sec
ISO: 100

The settings for the bottom photo are as follows:
Aperture: f16
Shutter speed 0.4 Sec
ISO: 100

Thank you all for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

hdukphotographs,

Thanks for your reply. I think that anyone getting into photography should read that book. I know that I learned a lot from it.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Nice motifs you have out there in your front garden!
By the look of things, you are beginning to understand more and more of the photographic aspect of exposure (don't know if you had known of its other aspect for long? ;)) --- the droplets are very sharp. What made you go down to f32 for the first? That is a very small aperture! Would your macro lens have given you only a paper thin line of DOF otherwise?

Oh, and I shall move this to Landscape and Nature, ok?

Most reactions

Back