Water & Earth x8

IndieMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some photos, never did any like these before.

php0SeWloPM.jpg

php8wYP2pPM.jpg

php22gwSmPM.jpg

php64f4MGPM.jpg

phpea3XEMPM.jpg

phpkdG7GvPM.jpg

phpOhMFEAPM.jpg

phpYx6s2QPM.jpg

def. liking #2...

though, is it me, or does it need an ever so slight rotation to the right (to level the water horizon)... maybe it's me??

def. liking #2...

though, is it me, or does it need an ever so slight rotation to the right (to level the water horizon)... maybe it's me??
I still need a tripod so I can make my water & land levels straight.

Thanks.

I really like almost all of these, but your sky is overexposed in all but 1 or 2. Do you you have a circular polarizer or neutral density filter? That should help :)

Watch out for the blown highlights, other than that you did a pretty good job.

I really like almost all of these, but your sky is overexposed in all but 1 or 2. Do you you have a circular polarizer or neutral density filter? That should help :)
Umm I have no idea what that is?

The only thing I did with these photos was increase the contrast.

Maybe too much lol.

I still need a tripod so I can make my water & land levels straight.

Thanks.

I was actually just gonna mention that hehe

You can also very easily adjust the horizon in Photoshop. Saves you from buyin a tripod I guess hehe :mrgreen:

2 and 5 are awesome

I was actually just gonna mention that hehe

You can also very easily adjust the horizon in Photo shop. Saves you from buyin a tripod I guess hehe :mrgreen:
Nahhh photoshop makes bad photos look good.

There would be no point of photography if everyone used photoshop.

A real photographer can catch images with his/her skilled eye.

Yes photo shop can make some photos look awesome but it's not for me. Photo shop makes things too easy, a good skilled photographer would not fix the photo but go back out in the cold and take another shot until you get it right and that's what I want to do when I get my tripod or I'll just go back out and try to keep my hand even more still because I like a challenge.

I really like your pictures, especially the one of the prickly plant. I like the detail. I really like that they have not been "fixed"! I'm new here and I'm no expert but I totally agree with your comment about photoshop. I think it is way overused.

Nahhh photoshop makes bad photos look good.

There would be no point of photography if everyone used photoshop.

A real photographer can catch images with his/her skilled eye.

Yes photo shop can make some photos look awesome but it's not for me. Photo shop makes things too easy, a good skilled photographer would not fix the photo but go back out in the cold and take another shot until you get it right and that's what I want to do when I get my tripod or I'll just go back out and try to keep my hand even more still because I like a challenge.

I totally agree with you on that, and that's usually what I try to do too. The only time I adjust my photos (and I'm not a pro at Photoshop or anything - I can only do couple minor things) is when I have no chance to go back to the same area, or if the object is already gone, for example, my shots of icicles. I had to adjust the brightness levels a little bit, because since they were already melted, I couldn't go back and try to shoot again :lol:

Nice shots either way tho :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back