water on Mars

i got some balls you can push...

3. So what?

4. How much is this costing us?

3. Furthering mankind's knowledge

4. A hell of a lot less than we spend trying to kill other humans in some desert.

It's way too easy to say: "What did NASA do for me? I don't see any benefits". However, in addition to runnah's comments, NASA has benefited humans through multiple inventions, inspirations, or research:

• LEDs
  • Infrared ear thermometers
  • Artificial limbs
  • Ventricular assist devices
  • Anti-icing systems
  • Increased highway safety
  • Improved radial tires
  • Chemical detection/release alarms
  • Video enhancing and analysis systems
  • Land mine removal
  • Fire-resistant reinforcement
  • Firefighter gear
  • Temper foam
  • Enriched baby food
  • Portable cordless vacuums
  • Freeze drying technology
  • Harnessing solar energy
  • Pollution remediation
  • Water purification
  • Better software
  • Structural analysis software
  • Powdered lubricants
  • Et cetera
Read about them here: NASA Technologies Benefit Our Lives

And various gadgets that ended up being in millions of households, like the microwave.

I thought the news was exciting, too!

3. So what?

4. How much is this costing us?

3. Furthering mankind's knowledge

4. A hell of a lot less than we spend trying to kill other humans in some desert.

It's way too easy to say: "What did NASA do for me? I don't see any benefits". However, in addition to runnah's comments, NASA has benefited humans through multiple inventions, inspirations, or research:

• LEDs
  • Infrared ear thermometers
  • Artificial limbs
  • Ventricular assist devices
  • Anti-icing systems
  • Increased highway safety
  • Improved radial tires
  • Chemical detection/release alarms
  • Video enhancing and analysis systems
  • Land mine removal
  • Fire-resistant reinforcement
  • Firefighter gear
  • Temper foam
  • Enriched baby food
  • Portable cordless vacuums
  • Freeze drying technology
  • Harnessing solar energy
  • Pollution remediation
  • Water purification
  • Better software
  • Structural analysis software
  • Powdered lubricants
  • Et cetera
Read about them here: NASA Technologies Benefit Our Lives

And various gadgets that ended up being in millions of households, like the microwave.

I thought the news was exciting, too!

But but what about the jerks who wasted money and time coming up with this internet thingy....."Been spending a lot of time on here!" is a big fat reminder that I should be reading a book; about hmm....science and technology or politics or religion or guns or art or photography or......

But but what about the jerks who wasted money and time coming up with this internet thingy....."Been spending a lot of time on here!" is a big fat reminder that I should be reading a book; about hmm....science and technology or politics or religion or guns or art or photography or......
Don't need a book! You can read it all online!! But don't tell Lenny................. she'll have my hide!!!

The internet was designed as a way to more efficiently communicate the start of a nuclear war.

Don't need a book! You can read it all online!! But don't tell Lenny................. she'll have my hide!!!

Well I am going to rat you out just to see the fallout. You should be out droning anyway and Runnah man should be playing video games. You could actually be on Mars if you were playing Destiny. :)

And No Rinse shampoo, it has a picture of a space shuttle on the back. Long story, but I don't think at the hospital they thought I was going into outer space... yeah, space travel has led to discoveries that have been beneficial.

Until they bring back some Mars super virus that wipes us all out. :D

Probably why it will be a one-way trip for those who go. That and the enormous costs that would be involved in bringing them back.

I'm kind of upset. I'm packing to go there, only to find out I need to take my 10-stop ND filter now. :angry:

The movements they observed took place over four years

And I want to photograph it over 4 years......... with one click. I figure f/32 with the 10-stop ND, taking into account the Inverse Square thingy..... being further from the sun.....

Probably why it will be a one-way trip for those who go. That and the enormous costs that would be involved in bringing them back.

The Martian ladies will be totally hot. Once you go Mars you never go back. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back