Water

revilo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was bored, so I set myself the task of photographing this glass of water. I'm not sure whether I like the result.
3419092773_5028331967.jpg

I liked it until I scrolled down and saw the table. Something about the wood grain, reflection through the glass and shadow distract me from the otherwise simple composition. Try taking the picture with the glass sitting on something else... something black, maybe, that wouldn't show the reflection/shadow. Or try putting the camera lower so it's almost on the same plane as what the glass is sitting on.

I liked it until I scrolled down and saw the table. Something about the wood grain, reflection through the glass and shadow distract me from the otherwise simple composition. Try taking the picture with the glass sitting on something else... something black, maybe, that wouldn't show the reflection/shadow. Or try putting the camera lower so it's almost on the same plane as what the glass is sitting on.

Yeah, I didn't notice the reflection in the glass until I got to PP. The shadow was something I was conscious of whilst shooting, but I didn't really know how to correct this. I'll be building a softbox soon, so I guess I could always retake this shot then.

Most reactions

Back