waterdrop photography

pasknucklehead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I've been doing waterdrop photography for 2 years now and I am still amazed at what we take for granted everyday can look so beautiful. I did a few the other night and I thought they were pretty cool. Let me know what you all think. It's going to be so great to share the experiences with you all. Was wondering what some of you use as far as additives. I've been having a rough time trying to get some tall drops, I am getting mostly umbrellas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks friends,
Darlene

Attachments

• HANGING BOUQUETS EDIT.jpg
    HANGING BOUQUETS EDIT.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 399
  • DROP OF FREEDOM EDIT .jpg
    DROP OF FREEDOM EDIT .jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 810
  • DAISY DROPS EDIT.jpg
    DAISY DROPS EDIT.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 427
Those are the coolest water drop photos I've ever seen. I really love the one with the daisy.

Those are the coolest water drop photos I've ever seen. I really love the one with the daisy.
Well thank you so much. They are fun to do but sure can get quite messy. I would love to meet folks on here that do this type of photography, around my area, there is no one else that I can share experiences with. Do you do drop photography?

Very nice! I've always wanted to try water drops but as with most things have never gotten around to actually doing it! I really like the first and third one.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Very nice! I've always wanted to try water drops but as with most things have never gotten around to actually doing it! I really like the first and third one.

Thank you so much. It's fun to do but it can be mentally challenging as well. You're constantly trying to come up with different ideas. It's well worth it in the end.

This isn't at all what I was expecting from the title. Very nice shots!

Great stuff knucklehead.
Really lovely and clever.
Can I ask how you manage to get such clarity in the refracted images in the droplets. What settings/lenses are you using?
Promise I'll post one of my spontaneous, natural light water droplet photo's a little later.

Great stuff knucklehead.
Really lovely and clever.
Can I ask how you manage to get such clarity in the refracted images in the droplets. What settings/lenses are you using?
Promise I'll post one of my spontaneous, natural light water droplet photo's a little later.
Hi, I use a macro 105 lens, and my settings differ so much from one shot to the other. I think for me, the main thing you have to do is get your subject, what you want reflective, as close as you can behind your drop, then make sure you focus on the image INSIDE the drop. Hey, ask me all the questions you need to, I am just so excited to find a site that has folks interested.

Stuuuunnnning pics well done.

Got a question, do you add glycerine or anything to help your drops hold shape?

Got a question, do you add glycerine or anything to help your drops hold shape?

Actually I sometimes add rinse aid, the kind you would use for a dishwasher. You have to be careful though because it creates a lot of bubbles. The refraction drops are always with plain water, that way they are crystal clear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back