What's new

Waterfall 2

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
598
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Waterfall800_zpsd461f942.jpg
 
Sorry Mike, I see your point but the main subject seems to be the leaves.
I would unfocused them.
 
Sorry Mike, I see your point but the main subject seems to be the leaves.
I would unfocused them.

I agree...too much foreground. Personally I would take those leaves out altogether because their contrast distracts from the waterfall itself.
 
I like it, the leaves make it different, but that works for me.
 
Thanks all.
 
I actually like how the leaves seem like the focus. Nice job but i would also like to see how it would look with the leaves out of focus.
 
With the leaves out of focus it wouldn't work - it would be a shot of a waterfall with all kinds of OOF stuff in the way. I'd crop the top and right to make it tighter on the leaves and waterfall.
 
I'm juggling here. I like the concept but here the leaves are the main focus, which is fine, but if you wanted the waterfall to be the focus, I'd show a little less leaves and more water. But just my opinion. Neat shot though :)
 
I also like the addition of the big and bold leaves as a foreground object but those saplings get in the road.
 
Same shot...with a colorful bird on those branches in the foreground would look ideal. hmmm...perhaps buy a fake bird, place it on one of the branches and re-shoot. ;) lol...

Another possible composition: ...it might look interesting if you focused sharply on the leaves and everything else has a gradually fading dof.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom